Cache doesn't copy it's content to the array when the mover in invoked.

Enzo
Go to solution Solved by trurl,

Hello.

I'm using Unraid for a few months now, and I noticed that my cache drive is 80% full.
I invoked the mover after stopping all my dockers (I don't have any VMs) so the content could be copied to the array, but despite no error in the logs, the content is not moved.

Here's my syslog.zip

I already seen multiples similar topics on the forum but nothing seem to help me.
blkkkbvsik-syslog-20220413-1310.zip

8 minutes ago, Enzo said:

Hello.

I'm using Unraid for a few months now, and I noticed that my cache drive is 80% full.
I invoked the mover after stopping all my dockers (I don't have any VMs) so the content could be copied to the array, but despite no error in the logs, the content is not moved.

Here's my syslog.zip

I already seen multiples similar topics on the forum but nothing seem to help me.
blkkkbvsik-syslog-20220413-1310.zip

YouYou are likely to get better informed feedback if you post your system’s diagnostics zip file (which includes the syslog) so we can see how you have things configured.

@itimpi Thanks for the instructions.
Here's my diagnostic;

After updating a few settings, my mover is running, but not working ?
From the logs, I can see the mover trying to move files from my cache to... my cache ?

Here's an example:

Apr 13 16:45:06 BLKKKBVSIK move: file: /mnt/cache/appdata/projectzomboid/media/lua/client/Vehicles/TimedActions/ISTakeEngineParts.lua
Apr 13 16:45:06 BLKKKBVSIK move: move_object: /mnt/cache/appdata/projectzomboid/media/lua/client/Vehicles/TimedActions/ISTakeEngineParts.lua File exists

blkkkbvsik-diagnostics-20220413-1552.zip

8 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Mover doesn't do that, it only moves from cache to array or array to cache, appdata is set to shareUseCache="prefer", so it's trying to move from the array to cache.

What about my audiobooks in my media share ? It's set as "Yes : cache", so it should be from cache to array.
but still they aren't moved from my cache to my array.
image.thumb.png.d215b69735e8ff9db2756f9e6c4033f4.png

image.thumb.png.842fdd57d7064668009ba85609d7cc8d.png

Edited by Enzo
  • Solution

Your cache-prefer appdata share has files on the array. You want those moved to cache when there is space, or deleted if duplicates.

Mover won't move duplicates, and nothing can move open files.

1. Disable Docker in Settings so those files won't be open.
  2. Set appdata to cache-only temporarily so mover will ignore it then run mover to move your m---a share to the array so cache will have space.
  3. Set appdata back to cache-prefer then run mover. Possibly you will have duplicates so maybe they won't all move. I see you are on 6.10rc2. If you were on rc3 or rc4 you could use the Dynamix File Manager plugin to help figure out any duplicates and delete whichever is appropriate.
  4. After you get everything where it belongs enable Docker in Settings.