All activity feed now grouping all posts for the same thread

This started recently, likely after some forum update, all posts from the same thread are now grouped together in the feed and only the last post is shown, meaning that when you click on it you'll go directly to the last post on that thread, not your first unread post in that thread, so if there were multiple posts I need to scroll up until I find the "Unread replies" line, before if there were multiple post in the same thread they all appeared in the feed, so going bottom to top it would take me directly to the first unread post in that thread, any chance this can go back to how it was?

• Thanks 1

Maybe your Content View behavior got reset? I use my own feed to filter out forums I don't care for. When I click on the longer title of the thread it seems to still take me to the first unread comment.

This is from Account, Account Settings, Content View Behavior, Take me to comments I haven't read.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

I see all posts in all threads sorted newest first, with earlier posts from a thread also being displayed separately from just the latest one.

Yes, that's how it always was for me, not now, and I didn't change anything, AFAIK you can change the default "all activity" display, look for example this thread, there's your last post, but not Brit's, only his reaction.

imagem.thumb.png.3b710e8533118ac9d3ee9fd29b57f2da.png

I didn't try to click on the ball for this because I don't usually need to because of this setting, it still works when browsing the forum by section:

imagem.png.563c0491acd00080cf3e951ffe57e969.png

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

I didn't try to click on the ball

OK, just tried this and it does work for the "display all" feed, looks like it doesn't respect the other setting, would still prefer how it was before but at least now I can get around it by clicking on the ball, just need to get used to that.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, SpencerJ said:

Sorry- what is the other setting it doesn't respect? 

-For normal forum browsing the above setting works, i.e., I click on the thread title and it takes me to the first unread post, no need to click on the ball

-Previously when I used the "all activity" feed to catch up I also didn't need to click on the ball since all posts for the same thread were visible so I just went bottom up to catch up

-Now all posts from the same thread are grouped together in the "all activity" feed, so if I click on the title it takes to the last post, no the first unread one, so I guess I need to get used to click on the ball instead of the title, at least when I'm on the feed, it still works for normal browsing.

• Thanks 2
8 hours ago, JorgeB said:

-For normal forum browsing the above setting works, i.e., I click on the thread title and it takes me to the first unread post, no need to click on the ball

-Previously when I used the "all activity" feed to catch up I also didn't need to click on the ball since all posts for the same thread were visible so I just went bottom up to catch up

-Now all posts from the same thread are grouped together in the "all activity" feed, so if I click on the title it takes to the last post, no the first unread one, so I guess I need to get used to click on the ball instead of the title, at least when I'm on the feed, it still works for normal browsing.

Ok, let me rummage around in the back end and see if I can find any settings around this. Thanks Jorge!