Unraid Community Rockstars: trurl and JonathanM

Community Rockstars forum.png

One of the main reasons why the Unraid community is so great is due to our many Community Rockstars who go above and beyond to help others out. 🤘

In this blog series, we want to put a spotlight on key community members to get to know them a little better and recognize them for all that they've done for the Unraid community over the years.

For this inaugural blog, we begin with two outstanding forum Moderators, @trurl  and @JonathanM, who have helped out countless new Unraid users over the years:

https://unraid.net/blog/rockstars-trurl-jonathanm

If either have helped you out over the years here, please consider buying them a beer or lunch!

trurl                                                                                 JonathanM

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@JonathanM

I would like to see the ability to designate a certain amount of space as community backup, and allow other unknown to me Unraid servers to send encrypted backup to a specific area of my server, in exchange for a similar but smaller amount of space I could use for cloud backups of my files.

+1,000

Count me in. This is an incredible idea. I can't remember it's name but there once (maannnyyyy years ago) was a service that offered that. Would be really cool. With a DNS Proxy hiding our real DynDNS address ... whow.

Should we open a community feature request section?

Edited by hawihoney
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, hawihoney said:

@JonathanM

+1,000

Count me in. This is an incredible idea. I can't remember it's name but there once (maannnyyyy years ago) was a service that offered that. Would be really cool. With a DNS Proxy hiding our real DynDNS address ... whow.

Should we open a community feature request section?

This would be an incredible amount of work to do well. I would love to see it, but the logistics to set this up are beyond me.

You can certainly post a feature request, but I wouldn't expect anything to come of it, at least not for the foreseeable future.

If we get server to server over WAN, that would be enough to allow like minded individuals who trust each other to set up backups in private, not mediated through Limetech.

That is an achievable goal, so maybe request that first?

• Upvote 1