Storage Expansion Question

thunderclap

I have an asset management server setup where I work in Ubuntu on a Dell Precision 5810 with a Xeon E3-1650 and nVidia NVS 310. Not only is it being used to run a DAM but also share an editing drive for video editing accessible from two Windows systems. All that said, I would prefer to convert this system to an Unraid system for ease of use. The downside to this system is that is only has two drive bays in the case itself, and the two drives currently in it is set up as a RAID-1. I also have two internal drives connected via USB using an HDD dock (this is an editing drive and drive that it backups up to nightly), and then two MORE external drives connected via USB, one for video b-roll and one to backup video projects too. (Yes... it's a convoluted setup.)

Unfortunately the company I work for won't spend a ton of money, but I would like to try and find a way to get these additional external drives in some sort of chase that can be connected to the main system but I have no idea where to start. Hopefully someone more proficient with Unraid and hardware here can point me in the right direction. I've seen eSATA and USB is not recommended with Unraid, so I'm trying how best to approach this without it costing a fortune.

Any insight/thoughts would be really appreciated. Thanks.