Trendnet TEG-10GECTX 10GB network adapter support

• 1 month later...

I'm using this card (v3.0R black heatsink) and it does work in v6.10.0 and 6.10.1 using default settings, however I'm not getting full transfer speeds.  Highest I can get is ~360Mb/s using m.2 (Windows machine) to m.2 cache (Seagate Ironwolf 510 960GB).

I also can't change the MTU value from the default 1500 to 9000 without causing a catastrophic error (upon rebooting the server) that results in the server to not boot anymore and have to restore the flash from backup.  I assume the error is triggered by the lack of support for the card?  I'm also pretty new to the Linux world so I'm slowly learning things as I come across them.

Edited by Clever_Name
  • 1 year later...

I am using 6.12.6 2023-12-01 build with the v3.0R and everything works just fine. I did find setting 9000 vs 9014 made a difference. I must set both the server and client to 9014. Also you must enable Jumbo frames on your switch. Configure all clients with the same MTU you intend to interface with the unraid server. I have been up and running for about 6 months.