Issue with Min Free Space setup, 6.10 RC4

Hi All,

Note: new user to UNRAID.

Having an issue configuring the Min Free Space on my disks. Have an 11 disk array with 2 parity’s plus a single disk cache pool.

The cache drive I was able to setup Min Free Space as preferred, hit apply and it saves. Even persists through reboots, it’s great.

On the spinners though, I enter the same value (50GB) and hit apply, it thinks about it for a second just like it did with the cache, and when the screen refreshes the value is gone. Tried starting/stopping array, rebooting, different values, different browser, incognito all to no avail.

I then tried the same value on the share, and it worked there, just like it did for the cache.

This leads me to believe I simply don’t understand how this function is meant to work, and I am doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, itimpi said:

I am confused - there is not a Minimum Fred Space value at the drive level as far as I am aware.   Perhaps a screenshot might clear things up?

Sure. Please see attached. The array is online with a 5TB copy happening at the moment so the field is grayed out. I will get another one when the copy is done tonight if you like.

0BA945D0-F52C-444E-9937-CC42B7DE20D2.jpeg

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

Minimum free space is for user shares, not sure what that option is doing in the disk settings, likely a mistake.

Could be a mistake if it is only meant to be available for pools (unless it is for a forthcoming feature?).  Those settings are not present in 6.9.2. 

10 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Not a mistake. Have a look at the built-in Help.

image.thumb.png.f3f472c20c49e306248cbafe9eab1b95.png

I did, I used 50GB, but it refreshes the screen back to 0.

I am a little list now as to what we are trying to say. Am I the only one having this issue or do others running 6.10.0 RC4 have the same issue with setting this value on the disk, or is this not yet meant to be visible and is a new thing or?