Cache Pool is breaking randomly - ReadOnly Filesystem

Hello,

I'm using Unraid since more than one year now.

I've never had issue with the Cache, but in the last weeks the CachePool is making lot of problems. I can't rely anymore on my system ... :/

After 2-3 days, the Cache becomes ReadOnly and I can't do anything anymore and most of my Docker Containers are not usable anymore.

So I thought that it's maybe the "old" SSDs I were using, so I replaced the whole Cache Pool with 2 brand new SSD (256GB).

This morning I wanted to check some stuff on my nextcloud, but the Cache Pool is broken again --> ReadOnly Filesystem.

Last time a reboot helped but it seems to not be the case today.

I've also tried that with different numbers, but it's always returning "ReadOnly Filesystem"

btrfs balance start -dusage=1 /mnt/cache/

After the replacement of the SSD Cache Disks I've added the above command with `dusage = 80` as a user script that runs every 15 minutes.

Do you have an idea how I could fix it without loosing the data on the cache drive? I can for sure copy it to my unassigned disk and reformat and so on, but I'm scared I will end up in the same situation again in 3-4 days.

It's my first issue report, so I hope the diagnostics are as expected by the community.

Unraid 6.9.2

Best,

Johannes

tower-diagnostics-20220424-0750.zip

Mmh my UnRaid server is without a DIsplay sitting in the cellar :D

Do I have any other way / solution to go further?

Update:

I've taken the server to my desk, however it seems I'm running it in UEFI Mode, I was not able to change that in the BIOS. So whenever I hit the memtest, it's saying:

Loading /memtest ... ok

But then nothing will come up even after 2-3 Min waiting.

Edited by JoJ123

I read only a lot of issues with BTRFS, I think the best would be to give up the cache pool and use a single Cache Disk with XFS.

I'm just scared of my MariaDB and PostreSQL Database Data. What do you think about storing the database data on the HDD array?