Offline Disk (Solved)

Go to solution Solved by ChatNoir,

Hey, 

Fresh build which I have just started putting data onto, I had turbo write enabled and one of the drives being used by this for reading has been marked as disabled due to errors (disk3).

Diag file attached (no reboots), Running an extended SMART test now on it.

What do I do from here? Disk is under Warranty so could RMA if its required.

Also aware of the errors for the cache SSD, will replace the cable when its rebooted next.

Thanks in advance :) 

Edited by BlackSheep
Marked as Solved

I think you may have controller issues on multiple drives. Check cables/pcie card seating, power supply issues? Is your sas card in IT mode?

Your read error rate/ecc corrected error rate is extremely high on multiple drives and you have all kinds of sata link notifications in your syslog files which makes it hard to find other entries

In your smart drive data, disk 3 and disk 1 look extremely similar and seem to both be passing smart tests. However disk 2 which is the same age/make/etc has 0 read errors and 0 ecc corrected. I can let some more seasoned unraid users chime in. Also as old as your drives are you should probably add a 2nd parity because your likelihood of more than 1 drive failing is higher

Edited by BlinkerFluid
39 minutes ago, BlinkerFluid said:

I think you may have controller issues on multiple drives. Check cables/pcie card seating, power supply issues? Is your sas card in IT mode?

Your read error rate/ecc corrected error rate is extremely high on multiple drives and you have all kinds of sata link notifications in your syslog files which makes it hard to find other entries

Will replace the SAS Card cables once the SMART Test has finished, and yes it is in IT Mode. 
Will have a 2nd drive for parity once I RMA one of the HDDs I haven't added in yet. 

• BlackSheep changed the title to Offline Disk (Solved)