****SOLVED**** Windows 10 VM pass through gpu issues

So I am having an issue with my nvidia gpu that is passed through to my windows 10 VM. 

Everything was working fine, shut my machine down. Next time I boot it up, I get a black screen and my log file is full. 

I get this error in the VM log "2022-04-28T01:17:44.019508Z qemu-system-x86_64: vfio_region_write(0000:10:00.0:region1+0x158a80, 0xff2067b2ff2067b2,8) failed: Device or resource busy"

when I check my Syslog, I have this error "Apr 27 21:17:44 Gallifrey kernel: vfio-pci 0000:10:00.0: BAR 1: can't reserve [mem 0xb0000000-0xbfffffff 64bit pref]" and it fills up the whole log file.

Still pretty new to this, so if there is anything I need to post, some one please let me know.

Any help would be appreciated 

gallifrey-syslog-20220428-0136.zip

Edited by Liqwid_Kirk
46 minutes ago, ghost82 said:
Apr 27 21:01:11 Gallifrey kernel: pci 0000:10:00.0: BAR 1: assigned to efifb

BAR1 is assigned to efifb, add parameter to your syslinux config

video=efifb:off

and reboot the server

Search the forum for this, there are posts with more details.

Where do you add it in the syslinux config? 

3 minutes ago, ghost82 said:

I don't want to sound rude, but...did you do a search in the forum? :D

It's all good, I am still pretty new to the OS and also trying to figure out how to search issues in the forum. 

I did see a post that mentioned the append part. I stubbed a pci-e controller a while ago and realized what to do. It works fine now. The windows VM boot just fine now. Thanks for all your help

• Like 1
  • Liqwid_Kirk changed the title to ****SOLVED**** Windows 10 VM pass through gpu issues