A lot of problem after replacing the flash drive

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I've had a lot of issues after an power outage in the sense that the docker page wouldn't load anymore and neither did the plugins page and decided to replace the flash drive. 

So far so good, I've followed the instructions as I did before and restarted the server. My flash backup was from October last year and I had since upgraded the server with another 14TB drive. 

Now, after rebooting into Unraid it's missing the 2TB drive, that was replaced by the 14TB drive and takes the 14TB drive as a new one and obviously wants to copmpletely format it when the array starts. 

Why this ios the behavior is obvious but I need a workaround to not loose the data on the 14TB disk.

That was the first and smaller issue. The big one is that I can't activate the flash. When I want to go to the page where you can replace the key it's just empty with nothing on it. I also can't download the diagnostic since it is stuck on the following screen.

image.thumb.png.5f3b5b6555bdcd4d05b95641f115bc22.png

Something's definetly not right here and I would hate to loose 16TB of data on my server. Please help me save it. I know I should've made a backup but I haven't for money reasons.

I have already contacted support and they told me to come here.

To use the new disk you just need to do a new config, try booting in safe mode and if you still have issues accessing the registration/diagnostics pages I would suggest starting with a clean install and re-assigning all the disks, if that works you can then copy the rest of the config from the old flash in parts or just reconfigure the server.

On 5/1/2022 at 11:31 AM, JorgeB said:

To use the new disk you just need to do a new config, try booting in safe mode and if you still have issues accessing the registration/diagnostics pages I would suggest starting with a clean install and re-assigning all the disks, if that works you can then copy the rest of the config from the old flash in parts or just reconfigure the server.

Thank you for your answer. Trying to boot into safe mode makes Unraid unaccessabile via web gui. I have also tried to use the Safe Mode Gui Version but that also ended up in a "Not reachable" error message. How to I get around that to post the diagnostics?

Ok, just realized that I can't connect to it at all anymore after the reboot other than via command line from the server itself. No connection is accepted to Unraid itself anymore.

I was able to run the diagnostics tool via command line and extract the generated zip file.

I will attach it here. I do hope it's annonymized.

Edited by DezzyTee
7 hours ago, DezzyTee said:

Ok, just realized that I can't connect to it at all anymore after the reboot other than via command

That's a completely different issue, in case it's SSL related try this:

Edit config/ident.cfg on the flash drive and change USE_SSL from "auto" to "no", then reboot and try again accessing by name or IP

3 hours ago, JorgeB said:

That's a completely different issue, in case it's SSL related try this:

Edit config/ident.cfg on the flash drive and change USE_SSL from "auto" to "no", then reboot and try again accessing by name or IP

I did what you said and it still rejects the connection for both the web gui as well as an SSH connection.

I really appreciate the help.

Edited by DezzyTee
1 hour ago, DezzyTee said:

There should be one though

Is there a .key file in the config folder of flash?

It's a backup of my flashdrive from last year

Obviously you need to keep flash backup more current. Any setting in webUI is stored on flash. So in addition to the problems you already have with drive assignments, any other settings you made since that backup are lost.

• Solution

I did what you said and it still rejects the connection for both the web gui as well as an SSH connection.

Them I would suggest trying with a new flash drive config, you don't even need a key, just to see if you can access the server that way, if yes it's a problem with the old config, and you can then reconfigure the server or try copying a few config files to test and identify the culprit.

• Thanks 1
On 5/2/2022 at 4:46 PM, JorgeB said:

Them I would suggest trying with a new flash drive config, you don't even need a key, just to see if you can access the server that way, if yes it's a problem with the old config, and you can then reconfigure the server or try copying a few config files to test and identify the culprit.

After a bit of tinkering it worked. I didn't realize I could just update the config via drag and drop. I could kiss you right now!

Thank you! While it still has some issues regarding docker configs that weren't mapped out correctly for some reason my data is safe and that's the important part. 

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Those would have been in config. Were you using that old backup?

I was, yes, though I haven't changed any docker containers besides updates since the backup in October. I'n not sure why they act up the way they do but it's no biggie. I just need to remap them correctly.