Thoughts/advice on new build?

Hi,

I already have an unraid server and its kinda jank so i want to build a new one.

Here's my plan i would like to know if i missed anything, and get thoughts/advice.

CPU: Intel Core i5-11400

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S CPU Cooler

Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING B560M-PLUS

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) (OLD PC)

Case: Fractal Node 804

PSU: Corsair TX550M (OLD PC)

Drives:

3 x Seagate IronWolf 4 TB (1 parity, 2 data)

1 x Crucial MX500 M.2 (cache / docker)

Usage will be plex, radaar, sonaar, pi hole.

Also have a question about my power supply i don't have the original sata power cables, but i have spare from my corsair psu in my gaming PC.

from what i understand on their website psu-cable-compatibility there is no problem but would like to know if anyone has experience doing it.

Thanks

8 minutes ago, SKOTSKOT said:

Also have a question about my power supply i don't have the original sata power cables, but i have spare from my corsair psu in my gaming PC.

Do you have and know how to use a voltmeter? If the answer is yes, you should be able to test and see if the cables will work properly. If no, then either find someone who knows what they are doing to verify your setup physically in person, or don't do it. The consequences of getting it wrong is catastrophic. Trusting someone to tell you "yeah, it should work" should come with their promise to buy you replacement stuff if they are wrong.

Just get a new PSU if you can't verify correct voltages before plugging in your expensive hardware.

• Like 1