Plex stopped working

A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away there was a plex server that was running and running and running.  Everything was good with the universe until the dreaded exclemation marks appared on my move TV and music folders.  Then things be came dark and forbrooding.

So as you can see from my introduction, I have had a Plex media server installed on Unraid for roughly 6 years.  Its been working great.  One night I started to see exclemation marks next to all my media libraries.  I could not see any media at all. 

I started to troubleshoot the exclemation mark issue when I deleted my plex server from authorized devices as a troubleshooting step.  That was a bad thing.  I ended up loosing complete control of my server.  I found an article on the plex site were you can strip out certain sections of the Preferences.xml file to gain control of the server back.  Though now I can see the server, but when I tried to reclaim the server it does not reclaim it.

The one thing I would prefere not to do is remove the docker container and rebuild it from scratch, as I will loose all the markers for what I have watched.  It would not be a huge loss but it would be nice to keep that information.

Can any one help me?