New unraid server advice

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

I am brand new to unraid and want to learn! I have watched about every youtube video about unraid with only a handful that seemed helpful. I am using the new server for mainly a PLEX/archival server so nothing crazy. The system I have built is a i5 10500, 32gb ram, do I need a raid controller? Do I need a graphics card (using onboard graphics or a cheap basic graphics card). Do alot of people run windows on the server and unraid? I really like windows and the management capabilites I can use with my home network. Does anyone have a any good documents or videos to watch as I am trying to soak all of this up and the information I am finding seems very broad at the moment. Any suggestions for a beginner to unraid? Thanks in advance  

• Solution
2 hours ago, Cruzetech said:

do I need a raid controller?

RAID controllers are NOT recommended with Unraid.

The usual way to run Windows with Unraid is to create a Windows VM hosted by Unraid. The WIndows VM would need its own graphics card.

Documentation linked at bottom of this page. Search for Spaceinvader One on Youtube.