Spin Up Groups // Kodi Buffering

5 minutes ago, Squid said:

To avoid spinups causing buffering, you would place all drives into a single spin up group, so that when one spins up all of them do.  Alternatively, you could also set the drives to never spin down.

thanks! How does spin down delay factor in then?

59 minutes ago, Squid said:

Regardless of being a member of a spin up group, a drive could still spin down due to no activity, and if it has to spin back up to serve another stream you might have buffering on the original stream.

So the fix is to set a longer spin delay, ya? Like 4 hours? And then how do I define my "spinup groups"?

On 5/9/2022 at 2:12 PM, newoski said:

how do I define my "spinup groups"?

Main, click on each disk and enter in the text for a spin-up group for that drive (anything you want eg: put it in the movies spin up group and also put the other drives in to the same movies spin up group.)

No clue (and it's not in the help text) of how to make a drive part of multiple spinup groups like the setting implies.

• Thanks 1

You can enter multiple numbers seperated by a space, e.g.

1 2

The disk will be member of both group 1 and group 2.

Hint: to test a group, spin up or spin down a disk in the GUI by clicking the ‘orb’ icon, all other disks in the same group(s) should follow