Add 'Keep this many backups' Option in Backup/Restore Appdata

Go to solution Solved by Squid,

Just lost one of my cache pools that held my appdata and system shares. 

I was able to get the pool back up and running with help from @JorgeB, but I lost some data. 

I would love an option to be included with the current Backup/Restore Appdata utility to be able to 'keep this many backups'. 

Currently there is only an option to 'delete backups if they are this many days old'

8 minutes ago, Squid said:

Kinda the same thing.

I would rather have only 10 backups instead of say 180 if I set 'delete backups if they are this many days old' to 180. 

The problem currently is that if you have your server down for an extended amount of time (over the amount you set to delete if this old) and you lose a drive in the process of bringing the server back online, like I did, you won't have any backups to restore with. 

I had it to delete after 15 days, because that was keeping only 15 backups on my drives. 

It took me almost a month to get my server back up and running. 

I had several problems to deal with and lost the cache pool where the backups were located in the meantime. 

If there was an option to set 'keep this many backups' and I set it to 10, then I wouldn't have lost any data. 

I mean really the option to delete after this many days shouldn't exist. 

There should just be an option to keep this many backups and delete older ones. If you want to keep a specific backup, you can always copy it to another location. 

Edited by FQs19
spelling mistake
  • 9 months later...
  • JorgeB locked this topic