Drive I/O Errors on new HDD - SMART shows fine 6.10.0-rc7

Hi all.

Having some issues with a new 6TB Ironwolf I installed yesterday.
Since installing UNRaids normal preclear kept failing with write errors, so I swapped the sata cable, port, and swapped the power cable with no change.
From here I plugged it into a windows computer, and ran a extended smart test, which it passed with no issues.
Back into unraid, and still having issues, am currently trying binhex's preclear docker, which appears to be writing data, but throwing I/O errors constantly.

Attached is the diagnostics zip

Appreciate any help / input

minerva-diagnostics-20220510-0817.zip

Edited by FlippinTurt
  • FlippinTurt changed the title to Drive I/O Errors on new HDD - SMART shows fine 6.10.0-rc7
13 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Disk is dropping offline so there's no SMART, but both times it was connected to a Marvell controller, so try it in a different controller, Marvell is not recommended for Unraid.

Cheers for that,
Tried direct to Mobo and same result.  I have contacted the supplier to arrange for a DOA return :(

Also thanks for the tip on Marvell, I will look into getting a better controller, probably go down the HBA route - from the supported hardware page this time haha.