VM Manager won´t start - cannot add /domains

Hi everybody,

I may have deleted the domains share somehow. It is not there anymore.

When I want to open VMS it says couldn´t start libvirt services.

If I go to settings VM Manager it say there:

/mnt/user/domains/ couldn´t find path

When I want to create a share with the name "domains", it won´t show up. No error msg though.

I had installed a Win10 VM once. I just started to use unraid. the isos are still there.

Is there a way to re-install the domains Folder for VMs?

I have no idea what to do. Fix common problem says all fine.

Any suggestion appriciated.

Thank you. 

17 minutes ago, JorgeB said:
mkdir '/mnt/user/Domains'

Your creating Domains, not domains, Linux is case sensitive.

That's exactly the problem:

Since the share 'domains' seems to be gone. I thought it may be sufficient to just create one manually.

When I try to create a share with the name 'domains' int the Unraid gui, I can press Apply and all seems normal but the share doesn't appear.

I can create one with 'Domains' though, but that won't do the trick.

Is there a way to reset the VM mounting domains?

First one is a puzzler.  Second makes sense since it's missing the leading slash.  Best guess is that the array isn't started or in maintenance mode.

Can you post a new set of diagnostics which reflect the situation after running those commands, but before a reboot.

10 hours ago, _astro_ said:

But I can only see 16 in the Unraid dash.

The diagnostics (shares folder) doesn't reflect what's actually there as a share.  It's simply a dump of all the .cfg files.  IE: You at some point HAD those extra 4 shares, but now you do not.  While I haven't gone though each of the .cfg files, there will be 4 of them that say the share does not exist on any drive.  EG: "T------------o.cfg"

13 hours ago, _astro_ said:

VMS is back as well, but cannot find its files.

2022-05-15 19:19:39.627+0000: 14471: error : virQEMUFileOpenAs:11519 : Failed to open file '/mnt/disks/2139E5D6640F/Windows 10/vdisk1.img': No such file or directory

You need to mount the NVMe device, and check that mountpoint (or the VM path) is correct.

May 15 21:19:15 Tower unassigned.devices: Disk with ID 'CT1000P2SSD8_2139E5D6640F (nvme0n1)' is not set to auto mount.

P.S. this indicates that one of the cache devices dropped offline in the past:

May 15 21:19:14 Tower kernel: BTRFS info (device sde1): bdev /dev/sde1 errs: wr 441362, rd 1149, flush 10893, corrupt 1529, gen 0

You should run a scrub and monitor for more issues, more info below:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?do=findComment&comment=700582