Unraid 6.10.0-rc8 Question about ports/emulatorjs/nginx

Let me preface my post by noting that I'm a new Unraid user. I got into the idea of running a home NAS with an older desktop, and Unraid has made it incredibly easy to get started. Well worth the cost. I was also really drawn into the idea of running a local emulation server through Emulatorjs. When setting up Emulatorjs, Unraid notified me that some of default Emulatorjs ports are used for other services/apps on my server. I learned how to see what ports are in use through a terminal command from a helpful post on this forum (lsof -Pni | grep LISTEN). I see that nginx is using port 80, which is set to be used by Emulatorjs by default. I didn't know what nginx is, so I googled it and learned that I really don't know what nginx is or does. I thought about changing Emulatorjs's default port from 80 to another one, but I'm not sure if that would cause more headaches later on-- and since I don't know what nginx is, I'm also not sure port 80 is meant to be shared between nginx and other services. 

Should I change the default Emualtorjs port? Or should I go about solving this issue another way? 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! 

nginx is the web server on Unraid that is used to run the GUI.   If you want to change the ports that are used then this can be done under Settings->Management Access.   Having said that it can be convenient to keep the GUI using the default ports so you do not have to enter the port every time you access the GUI.

• 3 months later...

It's not very important but I want to understand, I had a very strange issue with emulatorjs I can launch the docker and use all is ok but if I left the docker running it crash the server (after approximatively after one hour we don't have access to web interface and the IP is not present on the router).

I don't know how to see the error because I need to reboot and I had only the log from the start of server.

Edited by Gunnm