Unraid OS version 6.10.0 available

Updated my backup server this morning from RC8, all good! Bit more nervous about my main server, but I'll give it a go later in the week. It's on 6.9.2 (i keep it on stable) and running an Intel 11th gen w/ Plex so want to be sure there are no issues there before i go for it

thanks for the release!

Upgrade fine for me. I however don’t think I’ve ever seen so many “BZimage Checksum” errors on a upgrade cycle. Happened to me on my T610 when going into the RCs and had to turn off the setting in Dells that causes issue. 

BZimage thing is concerning. 

Upgraded from 6.9.2 to 6.10 no issues, except plex won't start, getting message of 'Execution error, Bad parameter', and receiving a message from the 'Fix common issues' plugging that 'preclear.disk.plg Not Compatible with Unraid version 6.10.0'. Other than that, Unraid is working well and the other dockers and VM's I've tested work fine. I'll look into the plex issue in a moment, and just have to wait for the the preclear plugging to be updated.

On 5/17/2022 at 8:39 PM, JustOverride said:

I'll look into the plex issue in a moment, and just have to wait for the the preclear plugging to be updated.

The preclear disk plugin is deprecated.  Go to CA and look for UD preclear plugin and install that.  It is a direct replacement for preclear disk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hi, 

after the update to 6.10 the following error is displayed in the log file which I did not have under 6.9.2.

May 18 08:00:04 TheTwist kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: Machine check events logged
May 18 08:00:04 TheTwist kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: CPU 1: Machine Check: 0 Bank 5: bea0000000000108
May 18 08:00:04 TheTwist kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: TSC 0 ADDR 1ffffa01f1242 MISC d012000100000000 SYND 4d000000 IPID 500b000000000 
May 18 08:00:04 TheTwist kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: PROCESSOR 2:870f10 TIME 1652853581 SOCKET 0 APIC 2 microcode 8701021
May 18 08:00:04 TheTwist mcelog: ERROR: AMD Processor family 23: mcelog does not support this processor.  Please use the edac_mce_amd module instead.
May 18 08:35:10 TheTwist root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Machine Check Events detected on your server
May 18 08:35:10 TheTwist root: mcelog: ERROR: AMD Processor family 23: mcelog does not support this processor.  Please use the edac_mce_amd module instead.

thetwist-diagnostics-20220518-0855.zip

10 hours ago, dlandon said:

There is a new release of UD that fixes a long standing issue with Unassigned Devices disk device ids.  The way UD was determining the device id was not consistent with Unraid.  Some USB devices were not showing the id the same as Unraid showed.  The change in device id won't cause any loss of data, it's just the Unassigned Device id UD uses.  Once you apply the following fix, your device will be back to operating normally.

What will happen after you update UD, is some disk devices will not show the same id as before for the disk device and will appear as a new disk device.  To fix this:

• Re-apply all your Historical Device settings to the new device, including any script file assignments.
  • Once you have the settings applied to the new device id, remove the Historical device.
  • Be sure to set the mount point the same as the older drive if you use the '/mnt/disks/mount point' in a Docker container or VM.
  • Once you've updated the settings for the device, you can unplug the device and re-plug it and it will auto mount if you have it set to auto mount.

It appears this applies to flash drives, some NVME drives, and older WD portable drives.

Those of you that have tried external drive bays and found UD saw the same serial number for all drives but Unraid saw them as separate drives, will probably find that using the latest UD version will help with UD seeing the disks individually and not all with the same serial number.

I use an USB enclosure for two of my disks. Both devices now got new IDs. If I remove them from the assignment the old device IDs don't appear under "historical devices" and I can't delete the old IDs. Any idea how I can replace the old IDs with the new ones and startup the array without rebuilding the cluster config?

problem.thumb.png.e7326e6f8810ab6e149f3da9012e80dd.png

10 hours ago, exico said:

Unfortunately I can't seem to update from rc8 to stable.

When i try from Tools -> update OS it doesnt find any new release in Next or Stable.

If i try to install it manually like told in the first post in Plugins -> Install Plugin i get this:

plugin: installing: https://unraid-dl.sfo2.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg
plugin: downloading https://unraid-dl.sfo2.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg
plugin: downloading: https://unraid-dl.sfo2.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg ... done
plugin: not installing older version

Tried again today and now it finds the 6.10 release and I upgraded with no issues

Thank you!

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, mithandir said:

I use an USB enclosure for two of my disks. Both devices now got new IDs. If I remove them from the assignment the old device IDs don't appear under "historical devices" and I can't delete the old IDs. Any idea how I can replace the old IDs with the new ones and startup the array without rebuilding the cluster config?

Those disks are not unassigned disks.  You are using them as array disks.  It is not recommended to use usb disks for array disks.    I do not know how to fix your situation.  Hopefully someone can chime in here and help you.

58 minutes ago, mithandir said:

You can do a new config (-Tools -> New Config -> Retain current configuration: All -> Apply), check all assignments are correct, check "parity is already valid" next to array start button and start the array, assuming only the devices name changed, and with USB there's always some risks of other issues, it will be bring the array back.