Unraid OS version 6.10.0 available

24 minutes ago, steve1977 said:

Unfortunately, my server also stopped working since the upgrade.

It upgraded well. I then restarted it. I can no longer access the GUI. In fact, the server no longer register in the network (i.e., I cannot see the server IP in my router).

Unfortunately, I am running headless, so cannot see the error message.

Any idea how to troubleshoot?

Connected an external display. First I see "waiting up to 30sec for device with label Unraid to come online...". Afterwards, it says "Unraid boot device not found - press enter key to reboot". And then things repeat.

3 minutes ago, steve1977 said:

Connected an external display. First I see "waiting up to 30sec for device with label Unraid to come online...". Afterwards, it says "Unraid boot device not found - press enter key to reboot". And then things repeat.

You have a problem with your Unraid Flash/Boot Drive.  Pull it from the server and run chkdsk on it in a PC. 

Edited by Frank1940
4 minutes ago, steve1977 said:

Thanks! Coincidence that it stopped working right after the update reboot? Any chkdsk option on Mac?

Quick Google found this:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2241666

A lot of files are replaced during a version upgrade so it not truly a coincidence.  All the activity can cause a flaky flash drive to crash.  Or it could be something going on.  IF worse comes to worse, it is a simple procedure to update the Unraid license to a new flash drive.

I hope you followed the advice given to make a complete backup of the flash drive before you started.  IF you did not, try to make one before you start the repair.  In particular, the   /config     directory is very important. 

Did the upgrade, got to the new log-in screen and am stuck.

I don't believe I ever put in a password for the root user. But when I try to submit root with the password blank I get an error saying "please fill out this field."

I see the trouble shooting steps of pulling the USB deleting the password files etc... but won't that leave me where I am now, being unable to input a blank password?

49 minutes ago, steve1977 said:

Thanks! Coincidence that it stopped working right after the update reboot? Any chkdsk option on Mac?

An upgrade is one time quite a bit of data is written to the flash drive so I guess it is the most likely time to trigger a flash drive failure.

I have also noticed that after an upgrade there seems to be a higher than normal instance of getting read errors from the flash drive.  Often simply rewriting the flash drive on a PC/Mac can fix such an issue if the flash drive has not really failed.

I THINK a Mac has an option to check the flash - but quite where it is in Finder I am not sure.

Tried upgrading several times from 6.9.2 -> 6.10
Every times after upgrade I can only boot 6.10, 6.9.2 is not an option.

However, booting 6.10 eventually throws bzroot checksum error and I have to push any key to reboot, and so it goes.

To fix that, I have to put the stick in another PC and restore my backup/files from previous folder.

Unable to get the 6.10 upgrade to work......

2 minutes ago, Hawk-N said:

Tried upgrading several times from 6.9.2 -> 6.10
Every times after upgrade I can only boot 6.10, 6.9.2 is not an option.

However, booting 6.10 eventually throws bzroot checksum error and I have to push any key to reboot, and so it goes.

To fix that, I have to put the stick in another PC and restore my backup/files from previous folder.

Unable to get the 6.10 upgrade to work......

You might want to try the process documented here in the online documentations accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI to see if that helps.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You might want to try the process documented here in the online documentations accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI to see if that helps.

Thanks.

After a few tries it worked unpacking the files directly to the stick with unrar.

Weird issue, but it works :)

Again thanks :D

26 minutes ago, theobserver_ said:

Getting the same issues when I tried RC, bzroot checksum error. What do I need to do to fix it? Report this too... Dell R510 Server

very strange its now booted. but I have a bunch of errors " DMAR: ERROR: DMA PTE for vPFM 0xaf44** already set (to af4c**** not 117ea****)

I might reboot a couple of times to confirm. 

EDIT: I reboot and got the bzroot checksum error, rebooted again and at logon screen.

Edited by theobserver_
38 minutes ago, theobserver_ said:

very strange its now booted. but I have a bunch of errors " DMAR: ERROR: DMA PTE for vPFM 0xaf44** already set (to af4c**** not 117ea****)

I might reboot a couple of times to confirm. 

EDIT: I reboot and got the bzroot checksum error, rebooted again and at logon screen.

Have a look at this thread 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, steve1977 said:

Unfortunately, my server also stopped working since the upgrade.

It upgraded well. I then restarted it. I can no longer access the GUI. In fact, the server no longer register in the network (i.e., I cannot see the server IP in my router).

Unfortunately, I am running headless, so cannot see the error message.

Any idea how to troubleshoot?

Same issue here, 10h after the update, i loose connection to webui, all dockers and vms work fine. SSH work, i copy the syslog to the array, but nothing special in this log. Shutdown -h now, then wake to boot and webui is here. The problems now is, the main page doesn't show disks, caches, drives just empty fields, loading icon stay on the screen(checked with different browsers). The button for console and log just open new tab and stay empty for 5-6 then close automatically. I try with reboot, same situation. Any suggestions?