Unraid OS version 6.10.0 available

12 minutes ago, Zonediver said:

Thanks for the link, but how shall i do this?

I dont know the error - so how shall i describe it?

The Sys doesnt boot - why? I dont know...

I updated my Flash directly over the web-GUI from 6.9.2 to 6.10

Just what you typed is fine.  Main reason is that we can track this separately rather than continuing in this topic.

12 minutes ago, Zonediver said:

Thanks for the link, but how shall i do this?

I dont know the error - so how shall i describe it?

The Sys doesnt boot - why? I dont know...

I updated my Flash directly over the web-GUI from 6.9.2 to 6.10

Explain what happens after you press the power button, take pictures of everything that comes up on the screen, where it hangs/resets/shuts off. Post it on the link provided above.

I would recommend anyone running a HP MicroServer Gen8 to not update for now, there have been multiple cases of filesystem corruption after updating, with both XFS and btrfs, looks like the hardware doesn't get along with the new kernel, not clear if it's all models in general or just some specific BIOS/CPU combos, so if anyone updated without issues please post here.

Edit to add: The ones I found so far were all using Xeon CPUs with Intel VT-D (IOMMU) enable, I have a suspicion the problem is related to this, it's causing some kind of kernel memory corruption so if you're running one of these with a Pentium or I3 CPU (or a Xeon with VT-D disable) you might be OK.

See here for latest update on this:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/123620-unraid-os-version-6100-available/?do=findComment&comment=1129501

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
12 hours ago, JorgeB said:

I would recommend anyone running a HP MicroServer Gen8 to not update for now,

I updated the post above but to make it more visible, the ones I found so far were all using Xeon CPUs with Intel VT-D (IOMMU) enable, I have a suspicion the problem is related to this, it's causing some kind of kernel memory corruption, so anyone running one of these with a Pentium or i3 CPU (or a Xeon with VT-D disable) might be OK, hopefully someone can confirm that.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, JorgeB said:

I would recommend anyone running a HP MicroServer Gen8 to not update for now, there have been multiple cases of filesystem corruption after updating, with both XFS and btrfs, looks like the hardware doesn't get along with the new kernel, not clear if it's all models in general or just some specific BIOS/CPU combos, so if anyone updated without issues please post here.

Edit to add: The ones I found so far were all using Xeon CPUs with Intel VT-D (IOMMU) enable, I have a suspicion the problem is related to this, it's causing some kind of kernel memory corruption so if you're running one of these with a Pentium or I3 CPU (or a Xeon with VT-D disable) you might be OK.

Is this strictly for HP Microserver Gen8 systems or does the possible corruption apply in general to any system running Xeon CPUs with Intel VT-D (IOMMU) enabled?

I have not yet upgraded on my system which uses the following motherboard and dual socket cpus:

M/B: ASRock EP2C602-4L/D16 Version - s/n:

CPU: Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz

1 hour ago, BRiT said:

Is this strictly for HP Microserver Gen8 systems or does the possible corruption apply in general to any system running Xeon CPUs with Intel VT-D (IOMMU) enabled?

AFAIK it's only the Microserver Gen8, many people running a Xeon with VT-d enable, including multiple models myself without issues, pretty sure I've also seen other users with different model HP servers running it without problems, of course can't guarantee there's won't be other models affected but seems unlikely, can also add that the issues start immediately after updating, since at least -rc4, so anyone affected would notice after a couple of hours or so, and if it was a more general issue we would have seen a lot of forum posts about it.

• Thanks 2

Upgraded without troubles. Congratulations on the update! 

When checking the log through 'webterminal' I notice that the colored highlighting of some common system functions has been dropped in favor of a slimpier black & white readout.

I did not see any mention of this in the release notes or here on the forum. Any plans for this feature returning? Maybe I overlooked something in Settings?

Thanks!

(P.S. I see my signature is WAAY out of date. I'll fix that soon; just haven't posted in a long time)

Edited by doorunrun
signature out of date
1 hour ago, doorunrun said:

Upgraded without troubles. Congratulations on the update! 

When checking the log through 'webterminal' I notice that the colored highlighting of some common system functions has been dropped in favor of a slimpier black & white readout.

I did not see any mention of this in the release notes or here on the forum. Any plans for this feature returning? Maybe I overlooked something in Settings?

Thanks!

(P.S. I see my signature is WAAY out of date. I'll fix that soon; just haven't posted in a long time)

I can confirm this for the docker logs and was also wondering if this is a bug or a feature. The system log still has colored messages when opening it via tools but not when you open it via the top bar.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, trurl said:

Do you mean the command line terminal you get from clicking the 'Terminal' button on the main bar? Or do you actually mean going to Tools - Syslog in the webUI?

Turl,  I mean when clicking the 'Log' icon/button on the main bar. 

It's all there when using the 'Tools - Syslog' in webUI that you mentioned. That'll do; I just never gotten to it that way. 

Thanks for pointing that out!