Some issues after 9.10 upgrade

I upgraded to 9.10. After some initial problems, it is working now. However, there are a few things that are not yet working. Would be great to get your help!

1) Cannot upgrade my VM to Windows 11. I changed bios to ovmf-tpm. However, Windows 10 still states that my PC does not meet the minimum requirements.

2) VM works per se, but when I select the log, I get an error message (502 Bad Gateway)

tower-diagnostics-20220519-2105.zip

40 minutes ago, steve1977 said:

1) Cannot upgrade my VM to Windows 11. I changed bios to ovmf-tpm. However, Windows 10 still states that my PC does not meet the minimum requirements.

mmm that should not be because of the tpm/secure boot capable requirements, because ovmf is correctly set and so the tpm block in the xml (vm: Windows 10 Pro (2)).

Does the checker program tells more about what's incompatible?There should be an app that you can run that should give more detailed outputs to what's wrong.

Maybe the app tells you that you don't meet minimum requirements but you can install it anyway?

Is your vdisk larger than 64 Gb?

Other requirements, that however should not be mandatory, include:

- gpu compatible with direct x 12, attached to a display

- compatible cpu

But as far as I know these should not be mandatory....

I never upgraded from windows 10, but I installed a fresh windows 11, with tpm, secure boot compatibility, enough ram and disk space and incompatible cpu and all was fine.

Edited by ghost82

Thanks for your help. The "PC Health Check APP" says that I meet all requirements for WIndows 11. However, the Windows Update menu says that I do not meet the minimum requirements. Could it be related to the other issue with my log file? I had also attached a diagnostic log in the earlier message that may help troubelshooting.

22 minutes ago, steve1977 said:

Could it be related to the other issue with my log file?

No, I don't think so, the log is that of libvirt/qemu, unrelated to what's doing the vm inside.

Have a read at this, it seems you are not alone:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/578585/pc-meets-requirments-for-windows-11-but-windows-up.html

Some people wrote some solutions.

https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/10/07/microsoft-confirms-false-this-pc-cant-run-windows-11-error/

As an alternative you can try to upgrade in place, by downloading the windows 11 iso and run the local installer, upgrading your windows 10, instead of using windows update.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-10-to-windows-11-using-iso/cc730f52-cd85-45d6-8b52-c10d3ff2d67e

Edited by ghost82