Can the administrator of your forum help users solve problems?

Since I bought unRAID. In the use of problems in the forum for help. Makes me feel like your custodians are doing nothing! I consulted the author of "Intel-GVT-G" at that time. He was able to answer my questions in the first time, which made me feel that you were very efficient in solving user problems. When I went to the sub-forum to publish the problem and ask for help, I thought I was wrong. You completely ignored my question and didn't give any answers at all.Can you really help users solve their problems? I feel that your management is not as active as the plugin authors in addressing user concerns. I regret buying unRAID now1985970577_QQ20220521131538.thumb.png.c7926d11d91904497d1267cd02ece500.png1872226786_QQ20220521131625.thumb.png.89762362fc215e1d7d5e50c812848c0e.png429888977_QQ20220521131600.thumb.png.6c9d670b35d771aaf12b558d3ad96c32.png9022715_QQ20220521131741.thumb.png.5a68efdbc1970f9a83a075e67e6e323b.png2054143439_QQ20220521131848.thumb.png.c60508de42a50c1b5b91da55dc1ba3f8.png

Edited by trurl
remove text that caused report for moderation

Most of the time users support other users on this forum. This is actually one of the greatest strengths of Unraid. Looking at your post history, it seems you have already gotten some help.

Your license pays for lifetime upgrades to Unraid. Free support is on the forum from your fellow Unraid users. Paid support can be negotiated.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, trurl said:

Most of the time users support other users on this forum. This is actually one of the greatest strengths of Unraid. Looking at your post history, it seems you have already gotten some help.

Your license pays for lifetime upgrades to Unraid. Free support is on the forum from your fellow Unraid users. Paid support can be negotiated.

Yes, thanks to the moderators to answer my question, but I have another question about 6.10 after the upgrade, can't stop the display output images, has been two days, no people to answer for me, it makes me very confused, because this issue has the serious influence to my experience, I hope I can close my monitor like version 6.92, Instead of me having to unplug the monitor every day. I'm already can't back to version 6.92, can re-install version 6.92, it will be a very troublesome thing, in addition, our group a lot of people after the upgrade version 6.10, are the docker permission problems, unable to read from the hard disk data files, we hope you can join the next version with special permissions Settings, When we deal with permissions, we encounter a lot of thorny problems. If we can't solve them, we want to give up the system! So far there are 1000 people in my group after the 6.10 update. More than 100 people have been discussing the issue of permissions every day, and everyone is very anxious! Hopefully my feedback will make a difference!

6 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you mean you have already rolled back to 6.92, or do you mean you can't for some reason, or don't know how?

I can't roll back to 6.92 now, if I want to roll back, I have to reinstall 6.92, which would be very troublesome, here are the topics I posted in other sub-forums, no one has answered them yet. In addition, I hope you can pay attention to the docker permission problem I feedback!

"Hello, my previous UNRAID server was version 6.92. After installing the "Intel-GVT-G" plug-in, I can stop UNRAID output to the monitor. UNRAID has released stable 6.10. When updating, it was found that the display could not stop output after installing the "Intel-GVT-G" plug-in and kept working. The monitor displays UNRAID code all the time. How to solve this problem, because it will affect the efficiency of emby decoding video "

Edited by song

Do you have a backup of flash? You must always keep a current backup of your flash drive. The config folder on flash contains everything about your configuration.

Rolling back or reinstalling 6.92 isn't much trouble since it only affects files on the flash drive. Everything else about your configuration should stay the same.

The usual method for rolling back is to simply copy the 'previous' folder on flash to the top level (root) folder on flash. Or you can do a new install and copy your configuration to that new install.

Everything about your configuration is in the config folder on flash. You can always copy a backup of that folder to a new install of whichever version.

1 minute ago, trurl said:

Do you have a backup of flash? You must always keep a current backup of your flash drive. The config folder on flash contains everything about your configuration.

Rolling back or reinstalling 6.92 isn't much trouble since it only affects files on the flash drive. Everything else about your configuration should stay the same.

The usual method for rolling back is to simply copy the 'previous' folder on flash to the top level (root) folder on flash. Or you can do a new install and copy your configuration to that new install.

Everything about your configuration is in the config folder on flash. You can always copy a backup of that folder to a new install of whichever version.

I have tried this method before. When I copied the config folder to the USB disk and overwrote it, I inserted it into my server and started it up. I would brush the code frantically and kept brushing the code. I had to force my host to shut down because of this problem. I hope to be able to turn off monitor output by default in 6.10, as in 6.92

3 minutes ago, trurl said:

Not sure what you mean by that either. Are you booting GUI mode or not?

I'm sorry that my English is not very good, the meaning may be expressed, so that you are confused, I know the detailed operation of rollback system version, I mean when I roll back system version. Copy the backup "config" folder to the USB disk for overwriting, and insert it into the server to open the system

8 minutes ago, trurl said:

Not sure what you mean by that either. Are you booting GUI mode or not?

I do not want to roll back to version 6.92, I hope to solve my problem in version 6.10. In addition, I hope to solve the docker permission problem I mentioned just now. Many containers cannot read data in hard disk, which is very troublesome and even impossible to solve, I hope to add a special permission setting function.

3 minutes ago, song said:

When the server starts up. I didn't make any choices, the first option is loaded by default, OS.

Which boot mode is the default, and even the order of the boot menu, is user configurable, but I assume you mean you aren't booting GUI mode. So your attached monitor is left at the terminal with a login prompt.

Haven't heard anything about your monitor problem and as far as I know turning monitor off doesn't normally happen with Unraid, maybe one of your plugins is responsible. You could just turn the monitor off.

I have seen a few other reports of the docker permission problems but have not experienced it myself. Have you read the 6.10 release thread?

Your initial post in this thread might be considered Forum Feedback, but the rest of this should really be in General Support. Do you want me to move this thread there?

15 hours ago, trurl said:

If rolling back doesn't fix then probably some other problem such as readonly filesystem due to corruption.

Unraid has now stopped output to the monitor without me changing any Settings. May 22 03:56:57 Song kernel: CIFS: VFS: cifs_setLK failed rc=-5 ". Do you know what this is? This message appears every day!20220522124450.thumb.png.ccfd9891587c59f17731ee5c73bac9b2.png

19 hours ago, dlandon said:

Those messages are from a remote mounted SMB share.  Are you mounting any in fstab, or are you using UD to mount remote shares?

Since unRAID was upgraded to version 6.10, these error messages are always displayed in the system logs. May I ask what causes this?

May 23 12:43:25 song nginx: 2022/05/23 12:43:25 [error] 4663#4663: *287705 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading upstream, client: 192.168.50.13, server: , request: "GET //wsproxy/5703/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://127.0.0.1:5703/", host: "192.168.50.254"

”May 23 04:27:59 song nginx: 2022/05/23 04:27:59 [error] 4663#4663: *826 limiting requests, excess: 20.885 by zone "authlimit", client: 192.168.50.19, server: , request: "GET /login HTTP/1.1", host: "192.168.50.254", referrer: "http://192.168.50.254/"

20220523140657.thumb.png.1d84020da89c3146238c3f70c73b7e8c.png20220523140726.thumb.png.0a97c71b9c414e1f9c152b3b011b67bc.png

Edited by song
7 hours ago, song said:

Since unRAID was upgraded to version 6.10, these error messages are always displayed in the system logs. May I ask what causes this?

On 5/22/2022 at 6:59 AM, dlandon said:

Are you mounting any in fstab, or are you using UD to mount remote shares?

On 5/22/2022 at 6:59 AM, dlandon said:

Are you mounting any in fstab

If you don't know what that means then I assume you are not doing that.

18 hours ago, song said:

are you using UD to mount remote shares?

UD refers to the Unassigned Devices plugin. It can be used to allow Unraid to access files on other computers on the network (remote shares).

On 5/23/2022 at 1:08 AM, song said:

I'm trying to help you understand what is causing these messages.  They come from CIFS mounts.

On 5/22/2022 at 5:59 AM, dlandon said:

Those messages are from a remote mounted SMB share.  Are you mounting any in fstab, or are you using UD to mount remote shares?

I asked this queston to understand how you are mounting those CIFS mounts so we can get to the bottom of why messages are showing in the log.  I can't help until you provide more information.

Your first post was a criticism of how you felt that you were not getting the support you deserved.  I'm trying to help you get the support you want, but you've got to help by providing additional information.  It's very difficult to look at a log snippet of many repeating log entries and provide an answer.

20220527003715.thumb.png.c5d2445bd2da4e79b3855368a1f9df2d.pngI am sorry that I did not check forum messages online because I was busy recently. I used the plug-in of "Unassigned Devices" to mount my Synology shared SMB folder. The error log of the UNRAID system happens every day, and the log content is the same.

Edited by song

After unRAID is restarted, the display cannot be closed again. I hope that in 6.10, UNRAID can stop output to the display as in 6.92, and install "intel-GVT-G" plug-in in 6.92 to stop output to the display. But in version 6.10 it won't stop output, which annoys me a lot!IMG_2939.thumb.JPG.6b3553c77ab715fc0a55365f887d4a53.JPG

Edited by song