Can the administrator of your forum help users solve problems?

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

As said over in the GVT-g thread this is expected behavior that it stays on.

Is it not possible to turn of the monitor or disconnect it entirely?

Yes, it still won't turn off the monitor, requiring me to turn off the monitor every time.

1 hour ago, song said:

If I unplug the HDMI video cable, the VGA failure light on the motherboard will stay on the next time I reboot the UNRAID system

Disable "Wait for F1 on Error" or something like that in the BIOS, every manufacturer names it a little bit different...

11 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Thank you, I know this thing, unRAID output display will affect the decoding of EMBY video, I have made a comparison between 6.92 and 6.10, in the same 4K movie, 6.10 is weaker than 6.92 decoding. The number of frames dropped by 6 due to the fact that the core display is working for UNRAID and is still occupying the core display in the background even when the monitor is not connected

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Disable "Wait for F1 on Error" or something like that in the BIOS, every manufacturer names it a little bit different...

If the core display is always occupied by UNRAID, even if the monitor is not connected. The decoding performance of the core display is still weaker than 6.92. Because UNRAID is always taking up the core display

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Thank you, I know this thing, unRAID output display will affect the decoding of EMBY video, I have made a comparison between 6.92 and 6.10, in the same 4K movie, 6.10 is weaker than 6.92 decoding. The number of frames dropped by 6 due to the fact that the core display is working for UNRAID and is still occupying the core display in the background even when the monitor is not connected

9 minutes ago, song said:

The number of frames dropped by 6 due to the fact that the core display is working for UNRAID and is still occupying the core display in the background even when the monitor is not connected

This has nothing to do with transcoding on the server usually, dropped frames are usually caused by the player (client) and not by the server...

Do you have throttling enabled in Emby?

On my test machine which is a Intel J3160 there is no difference in transcoding if a display is connected or not.

As said above this was simply a bug in the GVT-g or Intel-GPU-Top plugin which actually prevented the display from outputting anything or better speaking the output also happened but not visible.

18 minutes ago, song said:

Please share your results here. I'm really curious to see them and test this on my machines.

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please share your results here. I'm really curious to see them and test this on my machines.

My CPU is I5-10500 and the core display model is UHD630. If unRAID does not affect EMBY decoding, why do I roll back to version 6.92 and the decoding frame number is normal without any changes? When I upgrade version 6.10, the frame number immediately decreases?

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This has nothing to do with transcoding on the server usually, dropped frames are usually caused by the player (client) and not by the server...

Do you have throttling enabled in Emby?

On my test machine which is a Intel J3160 there is no difference in transcoding if a display is connected or not.

As said above this was simply a bug in the GVT-g or Intel-GPU-Top plugin which actually prevented the display from outputting anything or better speaking the output also happened but not visible.

I did not change the EMBY Settings, the transcoding Settings in 6.92 and 6.10 are the same, I did not limit the performance of CPU transcoding

19 minutes ago, song said:

I did not change the EMBY Settings, the transcoding Settings in 6.92 and 6.10 are the same, I did not limit the performance of CPU transcoding

Please note that throttling is by default enabled in Emby.

22 minutes ago, song said:

My CPU is I5-10500 and the core display model is UHD630. If unRAID does not affect EMBY decoding, why do I roll back to version 6.92 and the decoding frame number is normal without any changes? When I upgrade version 6.10, the frame number immediately decreases?

This seems more like a driver thing…

Have you also tried with no display connected on 6.9.2 and 6.10.0?

Also are we talking about dropped frames or FPS while transcoding?

On what client did you tested that?

16 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please note that throttling is by default enabled in Emby.

This seems more like a driver thing…

Have you also tried with no display connected on 6.9.2 and 6.10.0?

Also are we talking about dropped frames or FPS while transcoding?

On what client did you tested that?

I've been testing emby playing 4K video in my browser

Just now, song said:

Are you testing 4K to 4K? If yes h264 is not really made for 4K (that‘s what Emby tries to transcode to)

h264 is made for up to 1080p, but you can of course transcode to 4K with it but that‘s not verry efficient… that‘s why h265 exists.

Can you share the transcoding logs?

I will do my own testings hopefully after weekend.

• Upvote 1
On 5/27/2022 at 8:11 AM, song said:

Have you thought about converting your media to a format your tv or browser can play natively? For example, if your media was encoded to h.264 then it wouldn't need to transcode it.

What codec and format is your media stored currently? This makes a big difference, because it has to decode the original codec, then encode the new codec, then send it to your device.

The Intel 630 drivers do not support hardware encoding in Linux, I believe. Only on Windows 10/11 with the correct driver. 

Do you use Google Translate to translate languages to communicate? I think I saw Asian symbols earlier. Your writing makes me think that Japanese is your native language? I am asking if you use a translator, so that we can try to use proper English. Then the translation will be understood better. 

On 6/1/2022 at 8:44 AM, technotic said:

Have you thought about converting your media to a format your tv or browser can play natively? For example, if your media was encoded to h.264 then it wouldn't need to transcode it.

What codec and format is your media stored currently? This makes a big difference, because it has to decode the original codec, then encode the new codec, then send it to your device.

The Intel 630 drivers do not support hardware encoding in Linux, I believe. Only on Windows 10/11 with the correct driver. 

Do you use Google Translate to translate languages to communicate? I think I saw Asian symbols earlier. Your writing makes me think that Japanese is your native language? I am asking if you use a translator, so that we can try to use proper English. Then the translation will be understood better. 

Yes, I am Chinese and I am translating in Mandarin

On 6/1/2022 at 8:44 AM, technotic said:

Today, I opened the system log and found thousands of wrong messages. I don't understand what this means. Could you tell me the reason for this?20220604140202.thumb.png.57a76b44f5bb23e400dfaefe47cb73d7.png

I have uploaded my unRAID log information compression package, and I found that the error started at 3:55 am and continued until 4:09 am. "192.168.50.11" is my PC host, and I have turned off the power of the PC host at 1:15 am. Why does it have such error information at 3:55 am? This error message is reported on average 5-6 times per second

20220604143142.thumb.png.1764acc8ff5df50552f65ea8529625f0.png

Edited by song
2 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Those are not errors, it's just the ssh log, 192.168.50.11 is connecting and disconnecting to your server using ssh.

But my PC host "192.168.50.11" was powered down at 1:15, why did this message appear at 3:55?

Ok, thank you. When I checked the logs recently, I found some warning information related to UPS. For the UPS power supply of BK650 model connected by UNRAID, I used the plug-in "Network UPS Tools" as the UPS server mode. The IP address displayed in the log information of the warning is my iPhone. Why is my iPhone associated with the UPS of UNRAID?

The IP address of unRAID is 192.168.50.254. The IP address of iPhone is 192.168.50.12.

The following is the unRAID log information

"Jun 8 00:19:33 song nginx: 2022/06/08 00:19:33 [error] 4701#4701: *1779916 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading upstream, client: 192.168.50.12, server: , request: "GET //wsproxy/5701/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://127.0.0.1:5701/", host: "192.168.50.254"

Edited by song