System has been stable for months suddenly getting lots of errors.

My system has been running stable without issues for a good 3-4 months now which is how long it has been online.

Since a few days I get errors in my syslog which I need help to determine what they are, I am new to all this.

syslog zip attached.

No hardware has been changed, system only sees light use, mainly for plex and smb shares.

I update plugins and dockers from time to time.

We have had no power outtages, it is also running on a pure sine UPS just in case.

I put the USB stick into a windows pc to try and find errors, it did not, I also ran chkdsk with /f /r /x no errors found.

If I connect to the web dashboard I can view several unraid pages / tabs for about a minute, then the system becomes unresponsive and the only thing I can do is a hard reset via power-button.

Anyone have any ideas, thanks for your help.

I also see a reference to a blacklist in the syslog, what is that?

unraid-syslog-20220521-0919.zip

Edited by Reytak
42 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Start by running memtest, lots of different apps crashing in the log.

Will do, probably overnight, I need a certain somebody to give me back my vga cable so I can connect a monitor, will report back with the findings.

Memtest ran for 18 hours, 13 passed tests with 0 errors.

What I also question is line 2258 of the syslog, specifically "May 21 11:03:20 UNRAID emhttpd: Unregistered - flash device blacklisted (EBLACKLISTED2)"

Does that not mean that Unraid believes the key is invalid?

The USB drive and unraid have been running for 4 months without an issue, nothing was changed, I bought the unraid license and then the plus addon about 6-12 months ago.

I did a full write/read and compare on the flash drive with Flash Drive Tester v1.14, zero errors.

Edited by Reytak
24 minutes ago, Reytak said:

Does that not mean that Unraid believes the key is invalid?

This was like a false positive, if the server is still unstable you can try is to boot the server in safe mode with all docker/VMs disable, let it run as a basic NAS for a few days, if it still crashes it's likely a hardware problem, if it doesn't start turning on the other services one by one.

21 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

This was like a false positive, if the server is still unstable you can try is to boot the server in safe mode with all docker/VMs disable, let it run as a basic NAS for a few days, if it still crashes it's likely a hardware problem, if it doesn't start turning on the other services one by one.

ok, will try it in safe mode and report back my findings later this week, thanks.

Also referred to several times in the syslog is "/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/monitor &> /dev/null" relate to, I have several plugins from dynamix, namely SSD Trim, System Information and System Temperature each of which I can correlate to a specific plugin folder path but not the "monitor &> " one.

On 5/22/2022 at 10:37 PM, Reytak said:

Also referred to several times in the syslog is "/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/monitor &> /dev/null" relate to, I have several plugins from dynamix, namely SSD Trim, System Information and System Temperature each of which I can correlate to a specific plugin folder path but not the "monitor &> " one.

The ‘monitor’ task is a standard Unraid one that is built-in and runs very frequently (I think every minute).    No reason that I know of where it should cause a problem.

1 hour ago, itimpi said:

The ‘monitor’ task is a standard Unraid one that is built-in and runs very frequently (I think every minute).    No reason that I know of where it should cause a problem.

ok, thanks, just saw that it had a reference to dynamix which I thought was a person/group that specifically made plugins so I thought it might be remnants of an old one I had installed and deleted or maybe just an extension of one of the three I had installed.

I will go ahead and boot in full ie non-safe mode and slowly start activating plugins and only the really necessary ones.

2 hours ago, Reytak said:

just saw that it had a reference to dynamix which I thought was a person/group that specifically made plugins

Dynamix basically originally referred to the way the current webGUI is structured and as a result there are quite a few references internal to Unraid that mention dynamix.    The same developer is also responsible for a significant number of plugins that have not (yet anyway) been absorbed into the standard Unraid releases.

On 5/26/2022 at 12:47 PM, itimpi said:

Dynamix basically originally referred to the way the current webGUI is structured and as a result there are quite a few references internal to Unraid that mention dynamix.    The same developer is also responsible for a significant number of plugins that have not (yet anyway) been absorbed into the standard Unraid releases.

Thanks for that info.

So far after 3 days running in full i.e. not safe mode with just Community Applications, Dynamix SSD Trim, Dynamix System Information and Dynamix System Temperature Plugins enabled it is running fine.  Will enable a few more and test another few days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 7:38 PM, AndrewZ said:

If you see this again, send a set of diagnostics and a copy & paste (no screenshots please) of what appears in Tools - Diagnostics to https://unraid.net/contact

Thanks for the tip, will do.

I also added back a few of the other plugins, I now have:

CA Mover Tuning
Community Applications
Dynamix SSD TRIM
Dynamix System Information
Dynamix System Temperature
GPU Statistics
Intel GPU TOP
Network UPS Tools (NUT)

So far so good with the exception of

Jun 4 21:14:23 UNRAID usbhid-ups[2553]: nut_libusb_get_string: Pipe error.

This is however not new, happened before as well, the UPS is still monitored / working though, will continue to observe, others mentioning the same behavior.

Thanks.