Updated from 6.9.2 to 6.10.0 Now Plex HW Transcoding IGPU isn't working!

Hey Guys, Like the title says when I updated from 6.9.2 to 6.10.0 Plex Transcoding IGPU stopped working!!! Recently updated to 6.10.0 and 6.10.1 and for some reason Plex HW Transcoding isn't working, as soon as I rolled back to 6.9.2 Plex HW Transcoding started working as normal.

as I am still very new to this amazing OS is this a know issue and if so is there a work around yet? I'm using the official Plex docker image With PlexPass founded on the community apps page, but I also tried bin-hex PlexpPass and linuxserver's Plex and Hotio's Plex image and could not get any of those to work with Plex HW Transcoding. Oh gosh one last thing I also checked that /dev/dri return what was expected on both 6.10.0 and 6.10.1 and it did so I can verify that's still working.

thanks for any help in advance.

FuNnY718

Edited by Funny718
forget to mention something.
  • Funny718 changed the title to Updated from 6.9.2 to 6.10.0 Now Plex HW Transcoding IGPU isn't working!
7 hours ago, mikl said:

I know a lot have been having issues with permissions for some docker containers after updating to 9.10.0.

Could be that?

You can try this, 

won't hurt at least.

Still new but assuming that you meant the new permissions tool founded in tools tab, I used it on both the appdata folder and on the docker folder but still did not fix the HW Transcoding issue in plex!

Thank you for you're help though really appreciated, I'll just revert back and wait and hopefully someone else might have and idea.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2022 at 2:31 AM, Funny718 said:

Still new but assuming that you meant the new permissions tool founded in tools tab, I used it on both the appdata folder and on the docker folder but still did not fix the HW Transcoding issue in plex!

Thank you for you're help though really appreciated, I'll just revert back and wait and hopefully someone else might have and idea.

Ok just wanted to let everyone know that I did get this fixed, it was a permissions issue and thanks mikl for pointing me in the right direction. Remember I'm really new to unraid so when I was told to use new permissions tool that's what I used! But what actually fixed it and might have been what mikl meant this whole time was for me to use Docker Safe New Perms. Which is in the same tools tab once I ran that my HW transcoding was working like normal.

Big thanks again Mikl

Remember anyone having a similar problem use Docker Safe New Perms not new permissions tool. And that should fix your issue best of luck.

• 1 month later...

I just came here to say that this fixed my issue as well now have the official Plex Docker running Version: 6.10.3 Unraid. GPU is Quadro P2200 and I was having a similar issue no matter which docker I used for Plex it was all doing the same thing it would show up momentarily using the Terminal Command 'watch nvidia-smi' but then go away and would not start transcoding and Plex would just spin. I made sure to have all the correct settings. I for the life of me could not find the Docker Safe New Perms mentioned in my tools tab. So first you need to install from the Apps tab the App 'Fix Common Problems' then you will go to your Tools tab and see  Docker Safe New Perms. Thanks for all the help and hope this helps clarify for someone new.