Problems mit appdata rights since 6.10

After updating to 6.10 i encountered problems with "some" docker containers having no rights to write in their own directory.

But most of the contrainers work normally. 

For example my binhex-sabnzbdvpn wasn't able anymore to save its sabnzbd.ini till i manually set the sabnzbdvpn directory and its contents to 777 with chmod. 

Also had this problem when installing a totally new container "tasmodaadmin" ... the console only gave an error till i also manually 777 the tasmotaadmin directory. Then it worked with no problems. 

never had any problems of this kinds before in unraid. 

Is this a thing in 6.10 or some problem only I seem to have?

Edited by Retrogamer137

I also have encountered these problems after the apgrade to 6.10.

I have appdata shared via nfs and smb and cannot access or write the vast majority of my docker container data.

See this thread here:

Whether a docker container works/starts properly after installation or not seems to depend on how and if the developer sets the uid:gid used by that container.

With some containers you can add "--user 99:100" to extra parameters or create the appdata folder with permissions "777" before installing it.

If you know what uid:gid is used by that container you can also add these like the grafana container that wants "472:root".

But this - honestly - can't be a final solution....

I don't think anyone has opened a bug report yet, or have you found one?

Ok, somehow it is also a problem on the side of the container developer, but i see more the way unraid sets the rights as a problem. or do I see it wrong?

• 3 weeks later...