Feature suggestion: Mobile friendly WebUI

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, -Daedalus said:

The request was for a mobile-friendly UI.

The confirmation of ability to use the current UI on a single device does not answer the request in any way.

It partially was!   The GUI seems to run fine on most tablets - it is only when one gets to the phone type form factors that there are issues.

To be honest I am not sure that phone form factors will ever be supported as I feel the amount of work to redo the GUI to be fully responsive is likely to be extremely daunting and likely to demand more resources than Limetech have available.

I hear you, and I kind of agree to be honest; I don't see a phone as a common interface for the unRAID UI.

I was more making a point that the "It works fine for me" type responses from a prominent community member/unRAID developer don't generally sit well with people (as I'm sure you guessed)

On 5/23/2022 at 1:04 PM, cwalkin said:

any chance of a mobile friendly ui being implemented? Current experience on mobile is terrible

I am a huge fan of this idea.

Also an official app would be very very nice, so i can check the status of my server easily from everywhere on my mobilephone.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2023 at 12:31 PM, itimpi said:

The GUI seems to run fine on most tablets

I know, this thread is really old. I'm currently working with an Xiaomi Android Tablet Pad5. It's nearly impossible to work with the new Notification icon on the right. These three steps to get to the individual notifications always ends in deleting all notifications here. It's to small, to fast flickering and to many steps. On a desktop this is no problem. But on my tablet it's a pain. Perhaps I'm to old but IMHO this is no good user experience. I can't reach the individual notifications on my tablet any longer.

So I stopped using the tablet for the Unraid GUI during vacations because it's useless. I wait til I'm back home 14 days later and use the desktop then.

Just my 0.02 Cent.

• 2 months later...