Not all files show up on VM Share

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi,

I'm somewhat new to Unraid so maybe this a obvious thing but i couldn't find anything on the Forum or Google.

I want to mount a Unraid VM Share to a Debian VM, mounting worked fine but i can't see new files that are created by Unraid on the Debian-VM. I can see other files that where there before and can write files on it. In Debian created files are visible on Unraid but not the other way arround.

I thought it has something to do with owner of the files so i changed it but that didn't work.

I also tried remounting and restarting but still no files there.

I use Unraid 6.9.2 and the VM is Debian 11.

I attached some screenshots.

DEB.PNG

unraid.PNG

Are you sure that you are mounting the unRaid share in Debian, and not one of the  share folders on one of the array drives?

How many drives are assigned to your share?

The above behaviour could happen if you mounted a share folder, instead of the share. When unRaid creates files, they could be written to a different disk and therefore would not show up in Debian?

Can't think of anything else.

5 minutes ago, meep said:

Are you sure that you are mounting the unRaid share in Debian, and not one of the  share folders on one of the array drives?

How many drives are assigned to your share?

The above behaviour could happen if you mounted a share folder, instead of the share. When unRaid creates files, they could be written to a different disk and therefore would not show up in Debian?

Can't think of anything else.

Well, the VM share folder is inside one of the shares. See Screenshots

I actualy thought that Unraid would deal with that.

But you are right: The files are on the cache drive, i started mover and now everything is there.

Thanks.

fstab.PNG

share.PNG