Please bring back colors to log-messages

Since the 6.10.0 update, logs are only displayed in black and white via the logterminal pop-up window. Even though this might improve the readability at first glance, the different coloring of info, warn and error messages have unfortunately also disappeared with this change. This made it very easy to see if something is wrong or to filter out relevant info. 

For me and probably many others, this was a crucial feature that I now miss very much. Now all I see is a pile of text that becomes even more unreadable on longer lines due to the larger font with line breaks. 
If you go to Tools/System log you can see what it looked like before.

• Upvote 7

This is controlled by the "Enhanced Log Viewer" plugin:

I'd recommend requesting the author update their plugin for compatibility with 6.10 in the thread above - keep in mind though, the same author is responsible for the unassigned devices, open files, tips and tweaks, hotplug USB, and several other plugins, so his desire to focus efforts on those projects they're maintaining with higher benefit/impact may mean limited time for this (which I totally get!)

• Thanks 1

The developer has just confirmed the log highlighting is not controlled by his plugin and it is build into Unraid. This is also in line with the statement of another developer who called the new docker/vm log view a design decision.

So I think the only way to get the color highlighting back for the docker and vm logs is upvoting this feature request.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...