libvirt Service won't start

Go to solution Solved by ghost82,

I have a Windows vm that was running fine up until i stopped it.... edited the config to remove a mounted iso and to change VNC grahics to amd 6900 graphics card. I saved the config and proceeded to start the VM...

at this point it wasn't starting and I realized that the card was currently in use by docker (mining)... so i went to stop the docker container but it wouldn't stop at this point... 

I proceeded to powerdown -r

after the reboot I can no longer get docker to see the amd card and libvirt fails to start... the VM tab loads forever as well as the VM Manager page in settings. Dashboard also does not respond.

logs don't appear to show any error that I can see, having trouble trying to track down the root cause... I think its the amd card but I can't be certain.

logs.zip

Edited by bl4kh4k
Added logs.
  • Solution
10 hours ago, bl4kh4k said:

logs don't appear to show any error that I can see

There are kernel panic related to amd gpu.

You are running unraid 6.9.2 and you are talking about "6900", is the 6900xt?That is pretty new and if you're using an old unraid version drivers may not play well, try to upgrade to 6.10.1.

Once upgraded check that gpu (audio, video, etc) is bound to vfio.

Edited by ghost82