Unraid won't boot after changing case

Go to solution Solved by Squid,

I changed my server case and now when i try to start up my server Unraid boots and provides me with an IP address but it is unreachable through the gui. The server will start in safe-mode with gui and all dockers run fine. I tried removing the plugins from the boot drive but it still will not boot normally. 

The server was running fine prior to swapping the case.

Any ideas?

I was hoping that someone else would jump in here as I did not see anything that unusual in the diagnostics file.  But that Diagnostics file was for a safe boot so that might be expected.

First some housekeeping, get a hard copy of your disk assignments and serial numbers from the Main tab of the GUI.

Shut the server down and pull the Unraid boot drive.  Put it a PC and (this is very IMPORTANT!!!) make a backup copy of the entire contents of the boot drive. Now run    chkdsk     on it.   (If you have a Mac, google for how to it on that  OS.) 

If you still have the problem, hook up a monitor and keyboard.  Now try to do a normal boot.  If the process ends with a login prompt, login as root and with your Unraid password.  Type the following at the command line prompt:

diagnostics

That will write the file to the  /logs  directory of the boot drive.  Now shut the server down.  (Normally, a quick push of the Power Button will perform a clean shutdown.)  Post up that file in a new post.

If it does not boot to a login prompt, take a good sharp picture of the monitor screen (make sure that all of the information can be read!) and post that up.

• Solution

What are these lines in your diagnostics about?

May 27 14:56:19 Media webGUI: Unsuccessful login user root from 100.81.154.14
May 27 14:56:24 Media webGUI: Successful login user root from 100.81.154.14

Not necessarily a problem, but 100.x.x.x. is usually reserved for CGNAT and isn't something you see every day.

You are also having disconnects on the drive(s).  Reseat the cabling.  In extreme cases, this can cause what you're seeing.