Nvidia transcoding stopped working in Plex docker after upgrading to 6.10

I just realized that in my Plex docker container (plexinc/pms-docker) the transcoding is not using my Nvidia graphics card anymore. I didn't change anything in the configuration or so. The only change was to upgrade from the latest RC to the final 6.10 Unraid version. But I am not sure, if the problem already occured with one of the RCs.

Anyway, the problem is that the Plex transcoder is not using the dedicated graphics card anymore, but falls back to CPU coding.

I can't find any error message, so I tried to identify the problem with the following steps:

- changed the Nvidia driver from v510.73.05 to v515.43.04, v495.46 with reboot and back - no impact

- installed binhex/arch-plexpass and repeated the Nvidia driver changes there - no impact

Any idea how I could solve this problem? Or anyone having the same problem?

Thanks for any feedback. 🙂

unraid-diagnostics-20220527-1508.zip

Edited by Raki72

Having the exact issue myself, plex loads but trying to get HW transcodes to run seems to lock up, some have posted to uninstall and reinstall the nvidia driver then reboot which im trying now

Edited by JonathanM
Removed forbidden content
3 hours ago, radfx said:

Having the exact issue myself, plex loads but trying to get HW transcodes to run seems to lock up, some have posted to uninstall and reinstall the nvidia driver then reboot which im trying now

I already reinstalled the Nvidia drivers and rebooted the server - didn't help.

Please let me know, if you find something.

14 hours ago, Raki72 said:

I already reinstalled the Nvidia drivers and rebooted the server - didn't help.

Please let me know, if you find something.

i ended up reverting back to 6.9 of unraid - i spent a few hours with little success so I just gave up for now.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...