Unable to boot neither with legacy nor uefi mode

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I was about to try unRAID on my HP ProDesk 400 G5 with the trial license. I specifically bought the recommended Sandisk Cruzer Fit (32GB), but I only have a USB 3.0 port available for the drive to boot from.

I used Unraid USB Creator (Win32-1.8.exe) to create the boot drive (unRAID stable 6.10.1).

However I can't boot to unRAID. When I attempt to boot in UEFI mode, I only get a BIOS beep and am directed back to the boot options. I then re-enabled legacy mode and attempted to boot in legacy mode I get the message that the chosen device isn't a boot device.

Are there any BIOS settings I could try or another approach of creating the USB drive?

1 minute ago, itimpi said:

Have you checked to see if the EFI folder on the flash drive has trailing tilde character?   If so you need to remove this to enable UEFI boot.

The EFI folder had a trailing dash (-)! I had to clear the secure boot keys to allow the USB to boot, but now it worked. Thank you!