Unraid OS version 6.10.2 available

Just adding my 2c/experience with the upgrade process.

Went from 6.9.2 to 6.10.2, no LAN NICs on next boot. Found adapters I have in my Dell Poweredge appear to be the affected ones mentioned here (Broadcom NetXtreme II for reference, running in bond0).

Ended up adding the blank tg3.conf file to the USB boot drive, LAN adapters now functional.

Strange side effect however; the upgrade appeared to completely remove my NVIDIA and DVB drivers? Only realised this when trying to run the docker container for Plex and having it return 'Error: Unable to find runtime nvidia'.

Is this expected behaviour? Or just an unexpected anomoly? (reinstalling the respective drivers from the CA App store has fixed the issue FWIW).

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, evakq8r said:

Just adding my 2c/experience with the upgrade process.

Went from 6.9.2 to 6.10.2, no LAN NICs on next boot. Found adapters I have in my Dell Poweredge appear to be the affected ones mentioned here (Broadcom NetXtreme II for reference, running in bond0).

Ended up adding the blank tg3.conf file to the USB boot drive, LAN adapters now functional.

Strange side effect however; the upgrade appeared to completely remove my NVIDIA and DVB drivers? Only realised this when trying to run the docker container for Plex and having it return 'Error: Unable to find runtime nvidia'.

Is this expected behaviour? Or just an unexpected anomoly? (reinstalling the respective drivers from the CA App store has fixed the issue FWIW).

It will be because the packages cannot be downloaded, but the plugin should use the local cached packages. Suggest that you post on the nvida plugin support page.

With diagnostics

Edited by SimonF
4 minutes ago, SimonF said:

It will be because the packages cannot be downloaded, but the plugin should use the local cached packages. Suggest that you post on the nvida plugin support page.

With diagnostics

Machine has been restarted since the anomaly, so current diagnostics are now meaningless, and I'm not rolling back then upgrading to get them again, but appreciate the input.

On 5/28/2022 at 2:18 PM, Oceanic said:

For people who are fairly new to this (like me), here are the instructions on how to fix this on a HP MicroServer Gen 8 with a E3-1265LV2

Reboot the server

During bootup press F9 to enter the bios.

Once the bios is loaded enter the menu System Options -> Processor Options -> Intel(R) VT-d

Set it to disabled

Press Esc to get to the top menu again

Press F10 to exit the bios and save

The server should now boot again as normal

Same server and CPU here; instructions worked perfectly. Thanks.

Adding my experience:  Reasonably smooth upgrade from 6.9.2 -> 6.10.2.  Thanks to @SimonF for helping me figure out why local GUI wasn't working when booting with a monitor connected to my Nvidia graphics card (the i915 driver (Intel integrated GPU is enabled by default as of version 6.10.0).

I was running version 6.9.2 & read release notes only for 6.10.2 before upgrade.  What I should have done was read release notes for all versions up to the one I was upgrading to; so, should have also read release notes for 6.10.0 & 6.10.1 as well.  To help people like me in the future who may not remember this ☺️, may I suggest including the link to the Unraid release notes page in future OS update notices & reminding folks to review for changes to minimize surprises? 

This could help others save some time, in case they move from one update to another and don't immediately think to check all the release notes up to the version they are moving to.  Link to release notes:  https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Release_Notes.

I've been using 6.10.2 a bit more than 12 hours and so far it is working well.  Thanks very much for all the hard work on the new release!

device "eth0" does not exist

Cannot find device "eth0”

Dell T110 II had the network card issue. Disable virtualization in the BIOS. It was under CPU->Virtualization. Thanks for the notes on the issue in here.

PowerEdge T110 II
BIOS Revision 2. 10. 0

Broadcom NetXtreme Ethernet Boot Agent v14.2.6

Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries NetXtreme BCM5722 Gigabit Ethernet PCI

• Like 1
On 5/28/2022 at 2:30 AM, limetech said:

Issue was introduced at the beginning of 6.10-rc series when we introduced code to require a root password and add brute-force mitigations.  Does not have to do with sanitizing input from a form but rather server-side extraction of the record from /etc/shadow file.  You can examine the one-line fix here.

Oh wow I didn't know the WebGUI source was inspectable. That's awesome!

If I had known, I could've reported the bug way faster than I did!

In any case, thanks for fixing it so quickly! Appreciate the team always being on the lookout in the forums! 😃

• Thanks 1

Upgraded to 6.10.2 from 6.9.2 and it mostly went OK. I had to get rid of a few plugins that were no longer supported and replace them with different ones.

I also see in the boot screens a number of "DMAR: ERROR: DMA PTE for vPFN" messages. I have a Dell R710 with NetXtreme II BCM5709 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 20) NICs that seem to use the bnx2 drivers. I created the blank tg3.conf anyway.

Now when I rebooted, I only see 2 DMAR:ERRORs.

Am I good to go or is there still a problem? My VMs with GPU passthu seem to work as does everything else. Worried about data corruption as mentioned in the release notes.

2 hours ago, Nishadul Haque said:

Now suggest me Can I enable vt-d  OR not ?

If you don't have a NIC that uses the tg3 driver you can, if you have one it might be safer for now to leave disable, at least until we get to the bottom of exactly what causes the problem.

I just updated to the latest version 6.10.2  and now the web interface is not coming back!
No issues in the screen, but CPU is always close to 0% of usage!

I do not recommend the update until others have success as well, or at least until it proves that the update is safe to be done!

How is possible a company like Unraid, where everyone trust to buy a license of use and store their data, relase such BAD RELEASE?!?!?!

I do not have problems with my CAPS! I'm just cannot believe that UNRAID can create such mess with their users!!!

HOW DO I ROLLBACK THIS UPDATE?!?

Can some one from real support let me know clear how to do this?!?!?!??!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
On 5/28/2022 at 10:28 PM, vmrkumar said:

Date & Time is ok, matches my time zone Qatar

how to check the Wrong DNS? , i am able to download other docker apps?

having similar error while myserver plugin

image.thumb.png.953a1d064cb27c6490ed7f466c863244.png

I suspect this could be related to the problem I had. I have a 10gbit PCI-E NIC that I've changed to ETH0 in the Network settings.
After this update this menu is suddenly gone and I can't set the 10gbit NIC to ETH0.

My temporary fix was to bond ETH1 with ET0.
image.png.1d1e6819a35e9df1e91fc085f530d502.png
To change the Network Settings, temporarily stop the VM and Docker service.

I'm by no means an expert and know if there's a better solution. It worked for me at least :)

Edited by ehrw
typo
  • Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, ghost82 said:

not good?did you read the first post/changelog before update?

It seems you have an issue with your caps lock.

What has an issue is this VERSION, that do not work for most of the users as far I can see here ;)

Please, do a better work next time.

1 minute ago, eltonk said:
14 minutes ago, ghost82 said:

What has an issue is this VERSION,

I would say instead that it's your build that has issue, what's the difference?

You didn't attach diagnostics, you attached 2 screenshots that say nothing more than your network doesn't work.

Read the first post, it has description and fixes for tg3 drivers.

3 minutes ago, eltonk said:

that do not work for most of the users

Not true

• Thanks 1

Anything that do not work as a "single update click" button, should not be offered in the web-gui to the final users, am I wrong?

Or are you saying that Unraid is only for Advanced Users that reads the 1st forum post before click in the button that shows in their web-gui interface?

Edited by eltonk

am I wrong?

Yes

Or are you saying that Unraid is only for Advanced Users that reds the 1st forum post before click in the button that shows in their web-gui interface?

You don't need to be an advanced user to read the changelog.

Having said that, you have all the info you need, have a nice day.

• Thanks 1