Unraid OS version 6.10.2 available

16 hours ago, ryoko227 said:

In the Plugin tab, they show as status unknown everytime, until I click check for updates.

Check the value of Settings -> Notification Settings -> Plugins update notification. I have it set to Check once a day. You probably have it set to Never check.

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, unevent said:

Just a thought, can the update plugin ( for upgrade to 6.10.x) do a check for tg3 driver and iommu enabled and if so display a message notifying the user of the potential issue and option to abort the upgrade?

As of yesterday does exactly that, except if that condition exists (tg3 installed + iommu enabled), the update exits.

• Like 1

Please move post as needed.  I have a few questions regarding the phone home/cloud ability of 6.10.x releases. Is the phone home function on by default or you have to install the My Server plugin? Do I need to create unraid.net credentials if I would like to keep my server offline and not be apart of the cloud capabilities? Another way of asking, are the new credential and online/cloud functions and other requirements off by default and need to be turned on if you want to use the features? Thanks

9 minutes ago, unevent said:

Is the phone home function

There is no particular Phone Home.  If you set up MyServers and sign in, then yes it's going to update the status on the MyServers dashboard, but that's completely up to you.  Without MyServers being setup, there is 100% zero communication between your server and anything with LT

59 minutes ago, Tucubanito07 said:

f I open Plugins or Docker, it sometimes says there are Plugins and Dockers that need update but once I click on check for updates it just keeps spinning. If anyone can point to me to the right directions would be great. This never happened on 6.9 versions.

Doesn't the Check for Updates on the Plugin tab bring up a little window with the progress?

post your diagnostics in a new thread in General support

As someone also with a HP gen 8 server, albeit with the Celeron processor, is it safe to update to this release?

Just to throw my 2p into the hat, definitely agree that the update should absolutely be bullet proof and warn me if my hardware config may not be valid. Regular users to do not read change logs! Fact.

Other than that piece of feedback, great job guys.

50 minutes ago, johnieutah said:

As someone also with a HP gen 8 server, albeit with the Celeron processor, is it safe to update to this release?

With vt-d disable it should be perfectly safe, and you can't enable vt-d with that CPU even if you want to, also note the is is a kernel bug, not an Unraid issue, same exact problem was reported for Ubuntu with ZFS for example.

I might have a frontend bug.  Non-breaking.

The scrollbar is flashing whenever the CPU usage update interval fires on the Dashboard.  Only reproducible in Firefox - Chrome and Safari are passing for me (all up to date).

If this isn't the right place for this, let me know and i can move it

9 hours ago, obiii said:

I might have a frontend bug.  Non-breaking.

The scrollbar is flashing whenever the CPU usage update interval fires on the Dashboard.  Only reproducible in Firefox - Chrome and Safari are passing for me (all up to date).

You'll find better support posting this on the General Support along with a diagnostic file and the video you linked here.

On another note, as a developer myself, thank you for including the video as such items can be hard to describe and get a matching understanding.

I have five unRAID systems that I babysit.  All of them are running on retired Dell PowerEdge Rxxx servers which all have the tg3 driver for the built-in 4 port 1Gb NIC.  Since I do all but my own server remotely I need to be sure I understand something about the blank tg3.conf.

If I create the blank tg3.conf file BEFORE updating to 6.10.2 will it continue to provide network connectivity after rebooting for the upgrade?  Or does it only work after upgrading to 6.10.2?

The work-around would be doing this in iDRAC, but on a couple systems I'm accessing them over unRAID's WireGuard.

On 6/4/2022 at 3:27 AM, John_M said:

Check the value of Settings -> Notification Settings -> Plugins update notification. I have it set to Check once a day. You probably have it set to Never check.

Thanks, that fixed it! Now when I open the Plugin tab, it checks the status.

On 6/8/2022 at 6:04 PM, jbartlett said:

You'll find better support posting this on the General Support along with a diagnostic file and the video you linked here.

On another note, as a developer myself, thank you for including the video as such items can be hard to describe and get a matching understanding.

Yeah I wasn't sure if a diagnostic file would have been helpful or not, but i'll do that in the future.

My PRs get approved much faster with videos attached, so I'm glad it helped here too!  Thanks for all you guys do.

• Like 1

Hi, I upgraded from 6.9.2 straight to 6.10.2. I noticed that, after the upgrade, for some reason, the main window content takes a few seconds to load (and meanwhile it shows as in the attached file). This happens in Firefox but not in e.g. chrome.

It is a bit annoying but minor, I am just mentioning because I dont think it has been already mentioned.

main_unraid.jpg

5 minutes ago, papnikol said:

This happens in Firefox but not in e.g. chrome.

When you get different results with different browsers the first thing to do is clear the cache, whitelist your server in any ad-blocking extension and make sure the browser itself is up to date. Does it work in private/incogneto mode?

44 minutes ago, John_M said:

When you get different results with different browsers the first thing to do is clear the cache, whitelist your server in any ad-blocking extension and make sure the browser itself is up to date. Does it work in private/incogneto mode?

I had already done all the above but I did not think to try the private mode. unfortunately, it did not change anything.

PS: Just to be sure, I tried a fresh Firefox portable but I get the same results...

55 minutes ago, papnikol said:

for some reason, the main window content takes a few seconds to load (and meanwhile it shows as in the attached file). This happens in Firefox

Same thing for me.  Only in Firefox (latest version) was the Main tab slow to load.  I cleared the cache and although it did not go away immediately, this did eventually help as it is fine now in Firefox.  Always no issues in Chrome.

19 minutes ago, papnikol said:

it did not change anything

Are you using the Azure or Gray theme (I use the original White)? I notice that Unraid 6.10.3 will have some changes to help with compatibility with Firefox. They are already present in the -rc1:

• webgui: Updated azure/gray themes
    • Better support for Firefox

EDIT: Ah, I scrolled up and see that you seem to be using the Black theme. Are there any related nginx errors in the syslog?

Edited by John_M
You seem to be using the Black theme.