Backup one Unraid server to another Over the internet

Bit of background to start, I have one Unraid server at my home and another at my office. I want to backup the home server to the office server automatically. I have a wireguard VPN setup on each server, not sure if that could be utilized to connect the servers for a backup.

Not sure how to go about backing one up to the other and or what software I should use. I could use a Windows VM to run the backup however I'd like to avoid this if possible. i'm also not great with CLI so something with a basic GUI would be awesome, but not a requirement.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by invento123
  • invento123 changed the title to Backup one Unraid server to another Over the internet
21 minutes ago, invento123 said:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Does not meet your GUI requirement as this runs via  script, but once you set it up it is set it an forget it.  I have been backing up one unraid server to another this way for about three years now.  It is all automated via a User Scripts cron job.

Also check out this option with LuckyBackup which is a combination of CLI and GUI:

https://unraid.net/blog/unraid-server-backups-with-luckybackup

• Like 1