Should I “upgrade” to new hardware?

I’m very much an Unraid noob and everything I’ve done as far as setting up my server and installing a few dockers I’ve used tutorials on youtube. My server is an extremely simple two drive setup which I use as a Plex server and general backup of files.

My current CPU is an Intel G3258 3.2ghz, motherboard is this MSI H81I and 8gb RAM.

I’ve just inherited an old gaming machine with an Intel I5-2550k, this Gigabyte motherboard, 16gb RAM and a GTX970.

I would just like to know if there is any sense in moving my server over to this gaming hardware for what is essentially just a Plex server.

Thanks

It wouldn't be much of an upgrade.  The processor gives you 2 more cores/threads, but with nearly doubling the power consumption.

If you are happy with your server's current performance, in my opinion it wouldn't be worth the bother. 

If you aren't happy with your server's current performance, this probably isn't going to solve those issues.