Unraid 6.10.2 crash and unable to start array

Go to solution Solved by Domotics,

• Solution

I have a freshly installed unraid running on 6.10.2 which I setup couple of days ago. I then installed all plugins, dockers and VMs i want. at some point today the server went unresponsive and I could not reach the device over network nor via the monitor attached to the server. So i decided to hard-shutdown the system (press and hold the power button), once the server booted, i took a diagnostics (attached) and tried to start the array. after couple of seconds, the browser hung with a popup (saying i need to refresh to go back to previous window) which i followed. for a moment i read a notification on the screen which said something about stale configuration. so i googled and found the below post and deleted the super.dat file and now the array is starting after I reassigned all drives. hopefully no data is lost and it will stay up.

I am curious to find any evidence of the crash and what lead to it. Previously I had the 6.10.0 rc-8 and 6.10.0/1 running for several days without any issues. Only change I made is adding new cache (samsung 870 QVO ) and a PCI card with Coral accelerator (mini PCI version), not sure any of this caused crash. I don't have much data to lose at the moment (and I have a backup) but it is a couple of days work getting everything installed from scratch if it decides to crash again.

my main HW is

Intel i7 12700K (not overclocked)

32GB DDR4 2666MHz

MSI z590 A-PRO MB

Seagate Exos 14TB Parity

2xSeagate Exos 14TB Data

1 x Segate barracuda 6TB

1 x WD RED 6TB

1 x WD Blue M.2 (Cache for appdata/vm)

1x Samsung 870 SSD for normal cache)

Any hint is appreciated.

fusion-diagnostics-20220530-1613.zip