[Support] Invoice Ninja v5

@martinpeter this sounds more like a InvoiceNinja issue, rather than actual docker image that I'm supporting in this thread.

I can't test it right now because my InvoiceNinja server is down, but it might be that v5 doesn't yet have all translations finished, judging by this thread here, but you could download a translatiom from Transfinex and use that, but I never tried it, to be honest: https://explore.transifex.com/invoice-ninja/invoice-ninja/

Since this is unrelated to this Docker image and most probably also not relevant to the people in this thread, feel free to send me a Private message in case you need more help going forward just to avoid spamming the other poeple around. Cheers!

• 4 months later...

@tfast500 I did not setup e-mail myself, but I know some people managed to do it successfully. Can you check this post if you have all the STMP variables defined? especially `MAIL_MAILER=smtp` one. If you find what works, please let me know so I can update the docs/config. Of course, feel free to create a PR if you have time.

Edited by Mihai
added link
  • 5 months later...

@Mihai I'm having the same issue as @tfast500 I had search everywhere looking for a solution to get the email part to work and I cant find something that could help.  I deleted everything and did fresh installs 3 times. There was a problem before with .env file permission which I resolved.  That was a pain. Did the heal check and everything passed green checks. I tried sending a quote out to test and the logs shows some scripts likes it wants to send an email out, unfortunately I don't see anything saying successful or complete in there. I'm using Gmail for stmp and I generate a password for it. I check all ports and address, they are all correct. I'm out of ideas at this point on what is holding that back. One thing I noticed is it shows something about pid with different numbers.  Not sure what's that for. Any thoughts or ideas that could help will appreciate it. 

• 1 month later...

Hello @Mihai,  After I updated Unraid to version 6.12.3 I realized the invoiceninja is not starting.  I get an "execution error" "server error" whenever I try to start the container. If I try to pull the container again, I get the following error:

docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint invoiceninja-v5 (e23929c8306f014445db778e1d5f00d6064fad93a957c18c6d6b0f2bf4e86424): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp4 0.0.0.0:8443: bind: address already in use.

Please help

Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 9.26.44 AM.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello new to Invoice Ninja. Currently using Wave but is planning to switch if this works out.

I have installed Maria-DB and Invoice Ninja v5. Created DB etc. Revers Proxy works through Cloudflare Tunnel.

When I go through the set-up, I keep getting this error. Everything goes through with Success, but when I get to the last submit button, this pops up. Tested both with Reverse Proxy and Local LAN URL, same results.

Any help is appreciated.

Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 11.31.37 AM.png

• 4 weeks later...

Looking for some insight on this container. I have an existing instance in a plain docker environment and considering moving it to unRAID docker environment. Invoice Ninja will be a huge consideration. I have installed using this build and tested importing a db backup from my current instance with no problem. Where I start to see issues that folder pathing in this build does not seem to follow the stock pathing. There is Storage and there is "Logo". Is "logo" supposed to be the same as Public in the normal container? I am having trouble matching up the folder paths so I can move over existing files that are uploaded into my standard docker instance. 

Also having initial issues with sending test email invoices from this unRAID instance. I copied my current production env settings exactly and I got all kinds of odd errors related to auth type on this unRAID instance where it seems to be trying auth types not even specified...but one problem at a time.

I mean no disrespect in asking if this is a fully functioning build or is there some other I should try?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Having a quirk with InvoiceNinja and the Dev is stating he can't reproduce. I am latest available docker image...even updated just now as I saw an update available as of yesterday. Seems like an application issue but thought I would ask her as well:

When entering an expense, the expense category drop down list will only show one of my 8 categories. If I go into the expense settings, all of the categories are still there. It's odd, it shows a single one from the middle of my list of categories, not the first or last, not alphabetical... If I switch from the default React GUI to Flutter GUI...the issue is not present in Flutter but I have other issues using that interface. I've cleared cache, restarted the container, not sure what else to try as this a single specific thing.

Thanks

It does sound like a UI bug, I doubt it has anything with the actual Unraid container if everything else works fine, but there might be slight differences in Nginx configuration.

Did you check the developer console in the browser to see if you have any errors?

Specifically Network, Console tabs, do you get any errors?

On 3/23/2024 at 7:18 PM, Mihai said:

It does sound like a UI bug, I doubt it has anything with the actual Unraid container if everything else works fine, but there might be slight differences in Nginx configuration.

Did you check the developer console in the browser to see if you have any errors?

Specifically Network, Console tabs, do you get any errors?

The Dev asked me to look at the console also. He asked me to look for something I could not find in either instance (probably me not looking in the right spot...not a developer). I did find these other errors however in the browser console (below). I Tried using Edge today for giggles thinking Chrome was being weird but the issue still persisted. I also discovered I could just start typing the name of the other categories and the matching one would come up and is selectable. That's at least a little easier than switching to the Flutter UI for now. 

Snips: 

IN_console_errors1.png

IN_console_errors2.png