Virtio drivers for Win XP VM

I've managed to install a Win XP SP3 VM on my Unraid box (6.9.2), without too much trouble. The machine is pc-i440fx-5.1 (with SeaBIOS). I'm running two Logical CPUs and using 2GB RAM.

But after installation when I check Device Manager I see some devices with the yellow exclamation mark indicating that the drivers have not been installed. So I've tried using Windows to update the drivers, searching on the virtual cd-rom, which is virtio-win-0.1.217.iso, and on the virtual floppy, which is viostor-31-03-2010-floppy.img.

For some devices, like the Ethernet controller, the driver installs without a problem. But for some PCI devices and the Balloon driver (not sure what that is) there is a list of possible drivers. I believe Win XP SP3 is 32-bit, so I assume I should pick the xp/x86 ones but in the Uraid Wiki where it talks about loading drivers during installation it says to not use the x86 folder, and use the amd64 folder instead. Is this irrelevant for installing drivers after installation? Or is this because the Wiki is covering only 64-bit Windows OS's?

Regardless, I've tried various drivers from  and the messages I get are either that it's the wrong driver or that the installed file is newer than the one I've selected. When I've selected the older file, it installs and the yellow exclamation mark goes away, but the VM doesn't seem stable. If I leave it running, it ends up with a black screen, and I have to do a hard stop from the VM tab in Unraid. After that the VM won't boot at all.

How do I get the correct drivers?