ASUS P8P67-R3

I also picked one of these up yesterday with that "$299.98 Core i5-2500k Processor & ASUS P8P67-R3 ATX Motherboard Bundle Save" promotion.

It was hard to pass that deal up. i don't like the goofy bios on it, but it is  a decent board for the price.

It is pretty fast with that I5. It is almost to much power for unRAID. now Im waiting on the vertex3 and 16 gigs of ripjaws from the egg to put it all together for a workstation.

I'll see if it boots my unraid thumbdrive when those get here.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like this board's LAN has issues.

Network Interface Controllers

As of May 2011, the Realtek 8111E NIC has been established as being very troublesome in the unRAID environment (see this thread for an example). While it is possible to make this NIC work, it is generally recommended that it be avoided if you want a hassle-free build. There have been no other widespread reports of problems with all the other versions of the Realtek 8111 NIC.

http://www.lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Hardware_Compatibility

Johnm, have you tried unraid with your setup and does your LAN work?

Thanks,

Christopher

I have not tried it..

Believe it or not, It is still sitting in the box. I built one for my dad but never tested unraid on his.

I'll go and assemble it right now. I never bought ram for this set up. I have been waiting on a 16gb quad channel set to go on sale. I just got the SSD this week.

I have been pouring my cash into my servers.

I am sure i have some 2 gig DDR-3's laying about. I only need a few gigs for unraid.

PS the sale is back on this weekend.

It booted up.

I didn't put my array drives into onto this board. just 1 MV8.

Onboard NIC (intel) works fine in unraid (does not work in ESXi).

I'll post the syslog of the boot up.

My unRAID drives were not plugged in. just some POS 250gb drive that i was using for ESXi datastore.

also it poped an error because my UPS was not plugged in.

syslog-20110604-154530.txt

Archived