[6.10.2] Lost all plugins after shutdown & reboot to add new drive to server

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hello!

I did a graceful SHUTDOWN from the web app on my UNRAID server to add a new HDD.  After rebooting the server back on, these things happened:

• All plugins missed from server.
  • 3 of my shares have a yellow/orange ( !🔺) icon next to them.  When I hover over the icon, it shows:
    • SOME OR ALL FILES UNPROTECTED

Any ideas?  Diagnostics attached.

media-unraid-diagnostics-20220604-1904.zip

Edited by HDT
  • HDT changed the title to [6.10.2] Lost all plugins after shutdown & reboot to add new drive to server
On 6/5/2022 at 1:13 AM, itimpi said:

According to your diagnostics there are problems with the flash drive and this is almost certainly the root cause of your problem.   Do you have a backup?  

I do not, what should I do?

The stick that I'm using now is this:

• 1. Samsung bar plus 32 GB

I got it following the advice from this thread:

34 minutes ago, itimpi said:

If you do not know your drive assignments then this might help.

So, I should wipe the USB flash drive and use the creator app to make a fresh UNRAID bootable and build everything again?

Edited by HDT
1 hour ago, HDT said:

So, I should wipe the USB flash drive and use the creator app to make a fresh UNRAID bootable and build everything again?

Depends on whether you can read the current contents of the flash drive when plugged into a PC or Mac.   If you can you can simply copy it’s contents at that point as a backup.   All your settings (and key file) are in the ‘config’ folder on the flash dtive.   That should be the first thing to try.   The results might give us an idea of the state of your flash dtive.

2 hours ago, itimpi said:

Depends on whether you can read the current contents of the flash drive when plugged into a PC or Mac.   If you can you can simply copy it’s contents at that point as a backup.   All your settings (and key file) are in the ‘config’ folder on the flash dtive.   That should be the first thing to try.   The results might give us an idea of the state of your flash dtive.

The contents of the original Samsung USB flash drive is readable.

However, I cannot copy it onto a new USB flash drive because the config folder is 50.1 GB and the new drive is only 8GB:

image.png.70905bf1670659eb2560545b94b58423.png

The original Samsung USB flash drive is only 32 GB.  It looks like the PLUGINS folder was corrupted?

image.thumb.png.4695c793c85eb854f977562c7f375d57.png

I tried copying everything except for the PLUGINS folder, but got read errors on these 13 files:

image.thumb.png.373a0b9477f882576a468f8244e33916.png

Edited by HDT
  • Solution

Definitely sounds like major problems on the flash drive.   I suspect it Is failing but the only way to be sure will be to try rewriting it.   The config folder should only be a few hundred Mb so there is definitely something seriously wrong.

Your disk configuration is in the config/super.dat file so it looks like you may have managed to copy that OK.  Hard to be certain as it is not human readable.   You also seem to have copied the .key licence file OK?   Looks like most of the other default configuration files are gone.

Sounds like you have little choice except to try creating a new flash drive and reconfiguring your Unraid server.   Copying across the super.dat file (if it is not corrupt) and the licence .key file will hopefully slightly reduce the amount of re-configuration needed.

You want to make sure that going forward you have a backup of the flash drive so you can quickly recover if a flash drive fails.  You can take a manual backup of your flash drive at any time by clicking on it on the Main tab and selecting the Backup option.    You can have automated backups to the cloud on Limetech servers if you install the MyServers plugin or locally using the CA Appdata backup plugin.

• Thanks 1
On 6/6/2022 at 11:11 PM, itimpi said:

You want to make sure that going forward you have a backup of the flash drive so you can quickly recover if a flash drive fails.  You can take a manual backup of your flash drive at any time by clicking on it on the Main tab and selecting the Backup option.    You can have automated backups to the cloud on Limetech servers if you install the MyServers plugin or locally using the CA Appdata backup plugin.

Thank you for the recommendations!  I will set up automatic backups of the Flash USB drive.

BTW...

CA Auto Update Applications says:

NOTE: USB Backup is deprecated on Unraid version 6.9.0 It is advised to use the Unraid.net plugin instead