LLDP would be a godsend - please can we have it?

Hi Guys,

You can tell whether a techie is network-centric because they always want to ssee stuff like LLDP in use everywhere !

It's supported on most distributions, and well documented, and relatively low risk, please can we have it on Unraid?

As far as I can tell - as a multi-server for multiple years owner - it's about the only thing missing from Unraid.

I know I could run up a VM or (if I knew how) a docker perhaps, but that's a fudge & I'm not so keen on fudges as they always end up biting you.

Nerd tools seems like the obvious place for it.

It's so useful to confirm what's connected to what - "is it in the right port?" is sometimes the MOST important question, saves hours sometimes.

Bit like the picture attached (only with all thelldp.thumb.png.e7f031ef9b3db3239d00622bda6f6869.png information intact of course!)

Any chance maybe, pretty please?

keep up the brilliant work.

TIA

;-)

• Upvote 2

--Update--

I found a few dockers on Dockerhub, as searched in "Apps".

One working version (signed) is:
ibhde/lldpd/

You need to run it with network configured as "host".

It will grab some info & present it - such as the original hostname etc

You can add variables or adjust the ones provided.

Works as expected on my 3 unraid servers.

YMMV.

Still would be nice to have it as part of Nerd tools, where it really belongs, but this will do until then.

;-)

1 hour ago, salvdordalisdad said:

Still would be nice to have it as part of Nerd tools, where it really belongs, but this will do until then.

Nerd tools is a Community Plugin, you should ask the maintainer in the support thread.

This section is for requests to be integrated by Lime Technology on the core Unraid.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello,

I' am allso dearly miss LLDPd as a core feature of unraid. Imho it should be a "normal" item in any Software Distribution witch is leaning towards networking. 

Or infrastructure. 

UnRaid is doing both according to my understanding 

Would be very happy to hear this as a added feature

cheers

Volki 

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...