Help requested for installing Docker container from Dockerhub

Hi all, 

My goal is to have a Space engineers Docker container running. It currently runs as a Steam dedicated server in a VM, but I don't like that the CPU cores can only be used by the VM and I simply do not have enough free cores. So I would like it to run as a contianer so it can use all the cores with little overhead. 

I found this container on Dockerhub: https://github.com/mmmaxwwwell/space-engineers-dedicated-docker-linux but I am not sure if that one works fine. I also found this one: https://hub.docker.com/r/devidian/spaceengineers and that person mentions the first link as a source for his conainer. 

I know that I can get Unraid to see the container, but don't know how to properly install it. 

image.png.babb05dd749ed25a5ccadb2937422b70.png

Basically my problem is that I don't know how to install it to the appdata share. It installs itself somewhere, and I don't know where. I also do not have an option to add the port that it should run on. 

Could anyone help me figure out how to install this container?

image.png

Hit Install and then have CA attempt to determine as best it can the paths / ports / variables it uses as a starting point.  Then add in anything else (Add another path, port, variable on the template page) for whatever it couldn't determine based upon the instructions on dockerHub / GitHub etc.

On 6/5/2022 at 7:54 PM, Squid said:

Hit Install and then have CA attempt to determine as best it can the paths / ports / variables it uses as a starting point.  Then add in anything else (Add another path, port, variable on the template page) for whatever it couldn't determine based upon the instructions on dockerHub / GitHub etc.

Thanks for your help. 

I have installed the container and let Unraid see what it could find in terms of paths. Here is the install that it made

image.thumb.png.b1a721c3a54e53af27de621dcfd97111.png

image.thumb.png.5f8759200f571f697119d5e6a21d9a48.png

image.thumb.png.05afa51cbfc28e7eaac8041042e39f11.png

I now have it installed somewhere, but do not know where. Other containers show me that they are installed in the appdata share. 

Anyway I am adding a path to the appdata share and adding a port that I want it to run on

image.thumb.png.f9eac80e2868138ae69b7849bbf2d9a4.png

image.thumb.png.1d304ae071f98f9c0d192ceadafe6bc0.png

Then I restarted the container and looked at the logs. 

image.thumb.png.545f538df2baee4ad3a03c831ff98a77.png

I see that the container is looking for a path in Windows, but that doesn't exist on Unrai.d Does this mean that the container has to be modified to work on Unraid? I don't know how to do any of that, so that would make this a lot harder for me (and many others that want Space engineers running in a container on Linux)

image.png

i could migrate it to my mainserver over XML file. Saw a Video from Ibracorp how to do it. So will check that later.
Space is now running on my mainserver. Its a little bit tricky for my how to configure the whole thing, because its comming from a Docker whit custom Savegame and so one. But you can easely replace them with your config.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, fiR3W4LL said:

i could migrate it to my mainserver over XML file. Saw a Video from Ibracorp how to do it. So will check that later.
Space is now running on my mainserver. Its a little bit tricky for my how to configure the whole thing, because its comming from a Docker whit custom Savegame and so one. But you can easely replace them with your config.

Let me know if you need someone to test the container. I am not experienced when it comes to testing Docker, but I have a pretty heavy save for Space Engineers that could somewhat stresstest the performance. 

I have manged to get Space Engineers running in Pterodactyl today, but a Docker container would be much easier.