After update, unraid is not available outside of host machine

Go to solution Solved by zzgus,

6 hours ago, Snakebyte130 said:

I did an update and looks like the server itself is running and I can see the docker images running on the host itself but nothing is going out of the machine. I can't ping my gateway or anything.

tattoine-diagnostics-20220606-0533.zip 106.87 kB · 2 downloads

I currently have a similar issue after the upgrade to 6.10.2

Seems they have disabled the support for VT-d.  Disabling this in the BIOS of my dual cpu Z800 would then allow me to connect to the HOST system via a different PC on my network, but none of the VM's would connect, not even via the internal VNC connection.  My docker containers appear to be fine however (Plex & Calibre).

In my Settings/VMSettings, I disabled the "PCIe ACS Override", but that did nothing either.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Seems a day of troubleshooting is going to be on the cards.  I found a thread mentioning adding a file to the USB drive to force the setting back to how it was.  How concerned should i be over the potential "corruption", and would I have seen it by now from using VT-d in the last few months?

9 hours ago, DarthKegRaider said:

Z800

There are at leat a couple of other users running this workstation with vt-d enabled and no issues so far, mostly HP servers have been affected, also if you ran any previous v6.10 release for some time without issues it should also be safe to now run v6.10.2 with vt-d enabled and the NIC unblacklisted.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, JorgeB said:
Link detected: no

No link on your NIC, also update to latest stable, you're running a test release.

which is strange because the nic and switches are working as expected with leds flashing etc. I'm looking at the log and for some reason something is changing the name of eth0 to Tattoine kernel: eth0: renamed from veth632b8d2. 

I was able to resolve my problem. I had to backup my usb, move the network.conf file to a different folder, format the usb with the 10.6.2 stable version, and then copy my backup minus the network.conf (wanted to keep the new version to mitigate any static ip addresses, etc) and this worked. My docker is back up and working. 

I want to say this was part of the tg3 driver corruption issue as I have that and the e1000 driver on my system Dell PowerEdge T320. I do have vt-d turned off at the moment and will probably keep it that way until a resolution has been found. I've been down about a week and am a bit nervous with changing things at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Snakebyte130 said:

I do have vt-d turned off at the moment and will probably keep it that way until a resolution has been found.

Not a bad idea if you can do without it, though all indications so far are that Dell servers are not affected, also latest thinking is that tg3 NIC is not the problem, looks like just a big coincident all affected models having one.

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

That's the most affected model, I would only recommend running v6.10.x if vt-d is disabled, if you need it enable stay on v6.9.2 for now.

Sorry affected for what?
Is there a BUG that will be resolved? Is it a hardware problem?

Thankyou
Gus

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Snakebyte130 said:

i see on the newest update 6.10.3 that this issue has been resolved. I'll wait a little bit to let the dust settle before updating it this time

6.10.3 is out since June 14th.

There will probably be no new release in the 6.10 branch as 6.11 RCs are out.