Share missing after hard system crash

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

Hey all, figure I'd try to hop on here and ask about this as well.

When I got home from work on Friday, it seemed like everything in my system was hardlocked. Pressing and holding down the power button did absolutely nothing, so I had to pull the plug.

Secondly, when I went to boot it up, it stalled at bzroot, okay fine, let me remake the boot drive. Copied over the config folder, used the USB tool, and then nothing. The drive itself died. Thanks Kingston.

I've got a replacement drive now, ran the USB tool, migrated the key over, and now my main share is not showing up in the shares tab. The data is clearly there, Plex can still stream movies, but I can't map to the share. Weird thing is, it's still showing in the terminal when running ls -ail /mnt/user.

Is there anyway to get it showing up again?

Already tried:

I've waited for a parity check to finish, rebooted, and it's still missing. (several reboots...)

I've also run the new permissions tool and that didn't work since I imagine it wasn't a selectable folder.

All other shares are fair game when navigating through Windows.

Thank you all so much in advance!

Cap123123.PNG

I got it back to where I can see it within Windows. I have absolutely *no clue* how the "/mnt/user/rootshare" got turned into "/mnt/rootshare"

I *know* I had a spot for it in the shares tab though. I had it set up to use the cache, and I know that I haven't my mapping on my laptop which still has it as "\\Smol-Vault\Rootshare"

Nevermind, you apparently have a user share named rootshare, nothing at all to do with SMB.

Also, that SMB extra you show doesn't specify /mnt/user/rootshare, it specifies /mnt/rootshare.

I wonder if rootshare is now a reserved word not allowed as the name of a user share.

If it actually exists, it must be on one or more disks.

What do you get from the command line with

ls -ail /mnt/user0

4 minutes ago, trurl said:

If it actually exists, it must be on one or more disks.

What do you get from the command line with

ls -ail /mnt/user0

Pictures attaches, user and user0

I wonder if rootshare is now a reserved word not allowed as the name of a user share.

Seems that it is, picture attached. I know when I make a new share that already exists, (ie minecraft) it makes it but doesn't add anything to the list.

7 minutes ago, trurl said:

Use cache how? This is a multiple choice question with 4 possible answers.

Everything I dumped to my server dumped to the cache, and then at 8pm every night it dumped the cache to the array, so "yes"? Really could use better names imo

ls ail.PNG

both users.PNG

reserved.PNG

21 minutes ago, trurl said:

You might be able to rename the share at the command line.

I think I would just create a new user share with an allowed name, and use mc to move the contents of /mnt/user/rootshare to /mnt/user/whatever.

Back in action, everything copied over. I figured this would have had to have happened, I was just missing the steps in between, also needing to make sure I wasn't crazy. (That's still up for debate though)