Disk 7 disabled due to read errors

I just got a notice that disk 7 had been disabled due to read errors. Clicked the link on Main tab for disk 7 but that no longer shows smart status I guess? Only the disk settings. Downloaded the smart report but that says disk does not exist.

I waiting right now for a new 16TB HGST drive to replace parity (delivering tomorrow). My original plan was to run several preclears to test the new drive. Replace parity. Rebuild parity. Use the previous 8TB parity disk to replace one of the older 4TB disks. Not sure if/how this event changes that plan?

Diagnostics attached.

brunnhilde-diagnostics-20220606-1951.zip

Edited by wgstarks
8 hours ago, wgstarks said:

I just got a notice that disk 7 had been disabled due to read errors.

There were write errors after the read errors, Unraid only disables a disk after a write error, in this case the disk dropped offline, hence why there's not SMART, check/replace cables/slot and post new diags after array start.

5 hours ago, JorgeB said:

That doesn't sound right.

Disk was showing in UD but wasn’t listed in the drop down menu to assign the disk. No idea why. Once I ran new config (preserve all assignments) I could reassign the disk.

No idea why there was a write failure. Maybe the hot swap tray had become a little loose??? I moved the disk to an empty slot and it seems to be working properly. The new 18TB disk is in the old slot and it also seems to be working properly (currently preclearing).