6.10.2 - No longer getting IP address after upgrade

Go to solution Solved by mrvnsk9,

6 hours ago, mrvnsk9 said:

After upgrading to 6.10.2, I am no longer getting an IP address. I am using a Mellanox MCX311A-XCAT ConnectX-3 @ eth1 on an AMD platform. IMMOU is also disabled. I didn't have any issues with this NIC prior to upgrading. The diagnostics are attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Brian

dragon-diagnostics-20220606-1740.zip 120.94 kB · 2 downloads

Looks like Unraid is trying to use eth0 which is not connected, Looks like the network-rules file is missing had you set Mellanox card to eth0 before?

If you connect in the onboard 2.5 port does that restore conenctivity?

• Solution
5 hours ago, SimonF said:

Looks like Unraid is trying to use eth0 which is not connected, Looks like the network-rules file is missing had you set Mellanox card to eth0 before?

If you connect in the onboard 2.5 port does that restore conenctivity?

Connecting the on-board NIC restores connectivity. Looks like there's a known issue with Mellanox NICs at the moment. I'll leave the on-board NIC connected until that issue is resolved. Thanks for the help.

4 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Note that a Mellanox NIC won't work as eth0 with v6.10.2, it's a known issue and should be fixed soon.

Thanks for the information. I guess I missed that in the release notes and my forum searches. I'll run the on-board NIC until this is resolved. Thanks for the information.

On 6/7/2022 at 8:34 AM, mrvnsk9 said:

Thanks for the information. I guess I missed that in the release notes and my forum searches. I'll run the on-board NIC until this is resolved. Thanks for the information.

It wasn't listed as it wasn't a known issue until after the release :) I have mellanox as well and its not been fun times. I guess live and learn when it comes to older nics, OPNSense (BSD) doesn't support mellanox either in certain bridging modes so at this point I may just try and offload everything and get intel 10g nics. Eagerly waiting for a fix in the meantime though, as always thanks to the team for incredible work, there are a gazzilion configurations out there and so missing a few is understandable and honestly expected as no one can predict what nics people are using. 

35 minutes ago, Jclendineng said:

It wasn't listed as it wasn't a known issue until after the release :) I have mellanox as well and its not been fun times. I guess live and learn when it comes to older nics, OPNSense (BSD) doesn't support mellanox either in certain bridging modes so at this point I may just try and offload everything and get intel 10g nics. Eagerly waiting for a fix in the meantime though, as always thanks to the team for incredible work, there are a gazzilion configurations out there and so missing a few is understandable and honestly expected as no one can predict what nics people are using. 

I'm considering dumping the mellanox card in favor of intel as well. I suppose I'll hold out a while for the fix. I do appreciate all the hard work the devs do as well. What intel card are you looking considering? I've been looking at the x520, but I'm not sure that's the best option.