Unraid can suddenly not send email via gmail account.

Go to solution Solved by je82,

Any recent changes to gmail occured? My unraid installation since 2 days back has not been able to send any emails.

"Jun 8 05:09:47 NAS sSMTP[12461]: SSL connection using TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
Jun 8 05:09:47 NAS sSMTP[12461]: Authorization failed (535 5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials u6-20020a05651206c600b00478f40f6e74sm3503090lff.140 - gsmtp)"

Logging in using the same credentials works fine from the same ip via a browser. Anyone else have this sudden problem? Pretty sure it's an gmail issue because another application i have also fails now. The only thing i can think of is that i have configured both unraid and this other application to send email from itself to itself and perhaps this is something gmail has decided to block recently?

EDIT: tested sending to another email and same credentials issue.

Edited by je82

Were you using your gmail username and password to authenticate your SMTP connection to send the emails from your Unraid server?

google no longer allow this (earlier this year I received a number of emails from google that they would no longer allow this from the end of May) …. You need to set up an application specific password in your gmail account and use that on your Unraid server.

• Solution

Welp great, time to migrate away from google, i should have done it a long time ago

To help keep your account secure, from May 30, 2022, Google no longer supports the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account using only your username and password.

More secure yeah... so secure i cannot even access it anymore using my own credentials which are far beyond anything you can bruteforce, thanks google

More of you will probably see this soon.

Edited by je82
3 minutes ago, remotevisitor said:

Were you using your gmail username and password to authenticate your SMTP connection to send the emails from your Unraid server?

google no longer allow this (earlier this year I received a number of emails from google that they would no longer allow this from the end of May) …. You need to set up an application specific password in your gmail account and use that on your Unraid server.

Yeah, i have far to many applications to deal with that hassle, ill just buy a email service like runbox, i have been thinking of moving away from big brother google spying on me anyways so this is the time to do it

Edited by je82